• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you dream in Doom?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dream in Doom?

• Yes
    • No

I was wondering if anyone ever dreams in Doom. What I mean is, do you dream in first-person, as ol' Doomguy blasting away at demons in new WADs, with new items, occassionally, all thought up in your subconsious. I do, sometimes, and it gives me almost the same rush as when I play Doom, itself. The weirdest part is that it's not a nightmare. I'm not scared, as in nightmare scared. Anyway, I just want to know whether it's just me, or happens to other people. Maybe if I get around to it I'll make some WADs based on my dreams. They really do like Doom, and would probably be possible.

I just dream about Doom. I once dreamt I was blasting away Cacos and imps in e2m1. Ah, memories...

Job said:

I just dream about Doom. I once dreamt I was blasting away Cacos and imps in e2m1. Ah, memories...

I once dreamt I was blasting Cacos and imps in the ass in e1mWHew!.

I have dreams about DOOM constantly, but they're not so much within the game as they're within the game's architecture. I've never done much with level-building, but I still have a lot of ideas leftover from my dreams :)

There was this one dream about Doom (well, sort of) where I was basically watching all the action from a rather high nearby mountain. I watched as hordes of monsters (mostly from Doom, but a few were from Hexen) stormed the city and slaughtered anyone that happened to be around. Soon, marines arrived and there was a tremendous battle. By the time it was all over, the city was destroyed and there was blood and gibs everywhere.

Oh yeah, the marines lost...

I have dreams about Doom all the time. Just last night I had one. It's pretty vague now, but as usual it revolved around me blasting demons to death and being killed in the process.

I don't dream in Doom, but I do quite often see the world in terms of sectors, verticies, linedefs, sidedefs and the occasional sloped floor and Legacy 3d floor. Sometimes it slowes my thinking process, as the world is a pretty detailed place. I'm serious, too.