Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomRevolver

What kind of stuff would you like to see in Doom: The Dark Ages? (enemies, weapons, characters, game modes, lore, glorykills, types of level design, etc...)

Horde Mode would be a great addition in my opinion.

Spoiler

Also I'm interested to learn more about Valen (The Betrayer) and his past. It would be great to play as him in a dedicated mission.

I would really like a longer range type weapon for weapons and a sniper might be weird but using the Chaingun to snipe feels awkward for me. That's it.

1 hour ago, Homer_hardware said:

I would really like a longer range type weapon for weapons and a sniper might be weird but using the Chaingun to snipe feels awkward for me. That's it.

maybe the new nailgun has some type of scope or aiming

Very convenient I saved this pic in case a thread like this gets posted someday. Legit the first thing I thought of as soon as they showed the chainsaw shield.

Spoiler

1OUFWYa.jpeg

Hell yea

As long as there's no profanity or gay sex so Nathan can play it.

Spoiler

I'd like to see some kind of staff or some HeXen/Heretic style weapons.

I would really like it to be a complete experience when it's released. I'd love to see the lack of a battle pass and an in-game store. You buy the game, and then you have the game. That's my favourite, love that shit.

I want to have secrets that are a combination of Doom 2016 scenery and Eternal "this is a secret ? " visuals, like maybe a type of stones tombs, or ARC Crate to know, hey there it's a secret but not like a floating sign.

I want to see at least a good focus on animations on first person, not all, but maybe a nice areas where could be cool. 

I want to have the classic BFG 9000 desing instead of the newers (just for the funs and nostalgia).

Spoiler

I want to see more rip and tear references

I second what MagicMushroomMan said, I wanna see some heretic/hexen inspired weapons, fuck I could even take some inspired enemies as well.

It's a good opportunity for the game to go 50 / 50 melee and range. So I would like to experience very satisfying melee combat with some great duels against tough enemies.

Also I like to see good glory kills, some semi-open world exploration for items and secrets, and a well paced story that also ties some of the questions in the previous installments.

Posted (edited)

It seems (and it's somewhat confirmed) that they are trying to bring back some aspects of the classics.

If this is the case, I would love to see exploration return in Doom.

Large maps, where you progress, clear some areas, contemplate your slaughter... And then find moments of calm to explore the map, quietly. and seek for secrets.

3 hours ago, Martin-CAI said:

It seems (and it's somewhat confirmed) that they are trying to bring back some aspects of the classics.

If this is the case, I would love to see exploration return in Doom.

Large maps, where you progress, clear some areas, contemplate your slaughter... And then find moments of calm to explore the map, quietly. and seek for secrets.

This right here. I understand why they did the Painkiller style of arena after arena linear design in modern games, but I really miss the old explorative type of levels. "The Foundry" was my favourite level in Doom 2016.

non-joke answer: Can revenants be a threat again instead of a meme for one game? They've been the clown of 3 games in a row, I think it is time they get back to the scary A+ tier monsters. Something is wrong when a monster was more dangerous when it could not fly.

On 7/5/2024 at 2:16 PM, fruity lerlups said:

wolf men

Imagine Powerwolf making the soundtrack

Posted (edited)

I want glory kills and other canned gameplay halting animations gone for good. And pre-placed monsters on the maps (rather than spawning up to a maximum due to technical limits) just like Classic Doom and Quake.

Looks like we'll at least get the latter with Hugo Martin's comment about the ability to have an unlimited number of enemies.

I'm quite hyped for Dark Ages to be more like Classic Doom given Hugo raving about strafing projectiles being a large part of it.

What's old is now new.

Edited by bobbie424242

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, bobbie424242 said:

I want glory kills and other canned gameplay halting animations gone for good. And pre-placed monsters on the maps (rather than spawning up to a maximum due to technical limits) just like Classic Doom and Quake.

Looks like we'll at least get the latter with Hugo Martin's comment about the ability to have an unlimited number of enemies.

I'm quite hyped for Dark Ages to be more like Classic Doom given Hugo raving about strafing projectiles being a large part of it.

What's old is now new.

And if there's really no problem with the amount of enemies, let's hope they can keep the corpses as well.

206885678_Keepthedeadmod3.PNG.7f0071bc6f74dd8d0e5614176aa6f9d7.PNG

Edited by DoomRevolver

On 7/5/2024 at 2:33 AM, Grungo said:

me want see classic doom flashbacks in the game

I do too, especially picking up the SSG in underhalls. A remade scene of that room would be cool, too.

4 minutes ago, DoomGuy999 said:

I do too, especially picking up the SSG in underhalls. A remade scene of that room would be cool, too.

Here is your SSG, now kill 5 zombies in one shot - yes please.

Posted (edited)

a lot of customization like Eternal did. Bunch of skins for the slayer and the weapons. Having the new praetor suits as skins would be dumb, but having the classic skins again would be sweet. Especially a Doom 64 skin like eternal did

Enemies
I think it'd be interesting to see a modern take on the Mother Demon from Doom 64. A boss that embodies the scariest of revenants and archviles would be dope regardless. Speaking of archviles, giving them the ability to resurrect again would be nice, as we really haven't seen that since Doom 2.

Weapons
A modern take on the Unmaker from Doom 64 would be nice, and not the Unmaykr we got in Doom Eternal. If not that specifically, any hell-ish weapon would be cool.

Characters
I'd like to see Crash and/or Phobos from Quake 3 into more realized characters could be fun. I suppose some from the Doom RPGs or the Doom Bible could be fun too?

Game modes
I don't have any particular ideas here. As long as the main single player is solid, I'm all for them experimenting here.

Lore
I preferred the slightly more 'subtle' opt-in storytelling in Doom 3 and Doom 2016 with their data pads and such vs Eternal's more overt, over-the-top storytelling. I'm all for environmental storytelling too. Given what seems to be a more medieval feel maybe taking place between Doom 64 and 2016's timeline (I think?), maybe something more cryptic ala FromSoft's M.O. could work?

Glorykills
If they can make them feel like the Cleave feat from D&D, that'd be awesome. By that, I mean instead of magnetizing towards an enemy to play out a short cutscene, having that glory kill cutscene help you move towards another enemy in the process? Not sure if that's possible, but that's what comes to mind.

Types of level design
I'm always hopeful for more non-linear levels, or at least feel non-linear even if it's an illusion, and less being trapped in arenas. If you want me to stay in an area, give me some other reason other than that I can't escape until I kill a number of enemies. I know it's been a Doom staple as early as Dead Simple, and I'm not saying have none of it, but I'd love to have variety.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SPG said:

Enemies
I think it'd be interesting to see a modern take on the Mother Demon from Doom 64. A boss that embodies the scariest of revenants and archviles would be dope regardless. Speaking of archviles, giving them the ability to resurrect again would be nice, as we really haven't seen that since Doom 2.

Weapons
A modern take on the Unmaker from Doom 64 would be nice, and not the Unmaykr we got in Doom Eternal. If not that specifically, any hell-ish weapon would be cool.

Characters
I'd like to see Crash and/or Phobos from Quake 3 into more realized characters could be fun. I suppose some from the Doom RPGs or the Doom Bible could be fun too?

Game modes
I don't have any particular ideas here. As long as the main single player is solid, I'm all for them experimenting here.

Lore
I preferred the slightly more 'subtle' opt-in storytelling in Doom 3 and Doom 2016 with their data pads and such vs Eternal's more overt, over-the-top storytelling. I'm all for environmental storytelling too. Given what seems to be a more medieval feel maybe taking place between Doom 64 and 2016's timeline (I think?), maybe something more cryptic ala FromSoft's M.O. could work?

Glorykills
If they can make them feel like the Cleave feat from D&D, that'd be awesome. By that, I mean instead of magnetizing towards an enemy to play out a short cutscene, having that glory kill cutscene help you move towards another enemy in the process? Not sure if that's possible, but that's what comes to mind.

Types of level design
I'm always hopeful for more non-linear levels, or at least feel non-linear even if it's an illusion, and less being trapped in arenas. If you want me to stay in an area, give me some other reason other than that I can't escape until I kill a number of enemies. I know it's been a Doom staple as early as Dead Simple, and I'm not saying have none of it, but I'd love to have variety.

We'll most likely see Crash again in the future. It'd be cool to have her a the main protagonist if they decide to make a new Quake game.

As for storytelling, I believe Hugo said this game is gonna be more cinematic. I hope they don't turn the game into a movie. But it's Doom, gameplay goes first.

And I totally agree with you when it comes to non linear level design and exploration. I also hope that the coloured keys are more present like in Super Gore Nest. More metroidvania and clever backtracking unlocking shortcuts and new routes that connect areas. I'm getting tired of the constant locked arena after locked arena scheme.

Edited by DoomRevolver