Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lengis

Halflife 2 REVEALED

Trolls were from Scandinavian folklore. In most tales they either guard over a certain bridge or they get turned to stone by the daylight, but D&D is the only place I heard of them regenerating. Hmm...

Amongst us scandinavians there is great disagreement on what a troll is exactly.

The only thing we agree on are that they are humanoid with beastly grotesque features and lives in faraway wilderness areas.

Some think they are huge. Others think they are tiny. Some think they are evil monsters, others think that they a benevolent mischief-makers.

Personaly, my favorite depiction of the troll were the ones in David the Gnome (some kid's cartoon I used to watch when I was little). They were smelly, stupid things that liked to eat gnomes and pester all the other creatures they came across. Though smaller than humans, they were easily two or three times the size of the gnomes. The best part was the fact that they turned to stone if they were caught outside when the sun came up. Heh...I haven't seen that show in forever.