Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Doom and Freedom are two masterpieces that, although they share the same graphics engine, offer very different visual and emotional experiences. Doom, with its dark and oppressive atmosphere, immerses players in a hellish world full of demons and chaos, where every The detail of the concept art contributes to a unique sense of immersion. On the other hand, Freedom presents a different approach, possibly with more open settings and diverse themes, but fails to match the intensity and visual impact of Doom. "The creativity in Doom's artistic concepts elevates it to the next level, making its aesthetic unforgettable and truly iconic in video game history."

4 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

Eso parece muy dramático.

Yes maybe I exaggerated a little in the writing, but that means that DOOM and FREEDOOM are childhood and love of Youth :')

Precisely for this reason it is an interesting topic in art. Unlike Doom, I don't see much concept art for Freedoom. The classic Doom game features a wealth of official concept art that has influenced its aesthetic and legacy. Instead, Freedoom seems to rely primarily on fan art, with no clear equivalent in terms of official concept art.

I'm not saying I don't like those fan arts. In fact, they are beautiful and I support that, but imagine a conceptual one with the same classic aesthetic of the original doom but done in FreeDoom, it would be a bigger effort but it would help future versions of freedoom

3 minutes ago, Master Demon 64 said:

with no clear equivalent in terms of official concept art

There absolutely exists official concept art, in the sense that the in-game designs like character sprites are directly based on those drawings.

Sketches by @Saint_of_Killers:

Soldier.png.7dca46120cb543e8a60044c1c9d9d7ae.pngSergeant.png.8a0fc4e48fa32f8546058c2e0927a5db.pngPlaya.jpg.47dec6f6b8c819fc1e56585898f4d13c.jpg

mancubus.jpg.6d02942c4d2e2007b6682ba493002ade.jpg

There's an animated pencil drawing for the Combat Slug somewhere too.

The current titlepic is based on the sketch by @HorrorMovieRei:

https://imgur.com/IkO9qpQ

And here's the coloured version:

d8r1bt1-47579358-94b3-44a2-833c-4864e70b17ec.png.9166a449e7469b92d88f7e1bff2adf70.png

Additionally, at the very early stages of Freedm's development, @Fredrik created several sketches too, including this monster:

angry_guy.png.bc303cef47e34ee5ebff8cab50a51f80.png

Recently, @HorrorMovieRei developed this concept into a fully animated "Toad Monster".

Some more sketches might still be found in @raymoohawk's art thread.

BTW, @Master Demon 64, you can use the Edit button to add text to your existing posts instead of making several in a row.

2 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

Ciertamente existe arte conceptual oficial, en el sentido de que los diseños del juego, como los sprites de los personajes, se basan directamente en esos dibujos.

Bocetos de@Santo_de_los_asesinos:

Soldado.png.7dca46120cb543e8a60044c1c9d9d7ae.pngSargento.png.8a0fc4e48fa32f8546058c2e0927a5db.pngPlaya.jpg.47dec6f6b8c819fc1e56585898f4d13c.jpg

mancubus.jpg.6d02942c4d2e2007b6682ba493002ade.jpg

También hay un dibujo a lápiz animado del Combat Slug en algún lugar.

El título actual de la imagen se basa en el boceto de@MovieRei de terror:

https://imgur.com/IkO9qpQ

Y aquí está la versión coloreada:

d8r1bt1-47579358-94b3-44a2-833c-4864e70b17ec.png.9166a449e7469b92d88f7e1bff2adf70.png

Además, en las primeras etapas del  desarrollo de Freedm ,@Fredrik También creé varios bocetos, incluido este monstruo:

chico enojado.png.bc303cef47e34ee5ebff8cab50a51f80.png

Recientemente,@MovieRei de terror Desarrolló este concepto en un " Monstruo Sapo " completamente animado.

Es posible que aún se encuentren algunos bocetos más en@raymoohawkHilo de arte de

POR CIERTO,@Maestro Demonio 64, puedes usar el botón Editar para agregar texto a tus publicaciones existentes en lugar de hacer varias seguidas.

Well, thanks for the information, but as I see there are few compared to the official doom classics. But hey, maybe a lot more will come out over time, maybe even a new interface for the game. Thank you also for informing me about Edit my texts, I recently created my account almost half a year ago.

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2024 at 4:39 PM, MrFlibble said:

angry_guy.png.bc303cef47e34ee5ebff8cab50a51f80.png

Recently, @HorrorMovieRei developed this concept into a fully animated "Toad Monster".

Damn that looks super cool, I assume that was supposed to be a replacement of the cyberdemon? I kinda wish for it to replace the assault tripod in a future Freedoom update, but I know that's not likely considering how similar it looks to the Doom cyberdemon

Edit: Not the the "Fully animated" version tho. Respectfully, it looks like a red slaad cut its own arm off and strapped a bazooka to the bloody stump. And not in a good way. This is as opposed to the drawing, which looks like beefed-up Krang, in a good way

Edited by WASFDDDDD