Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DOOM Anomaly

Gaussian Jpgs... :D

Hiya.

I'm not quite sure if this has been asked before, I apologize if it has, but I'm trying to make a certain Dee-Lee have a gaussian blur, and have the backround transparent, and be in a jpg format. (I do this is PSP7) but when I upload it onto the internet, it has a white backround, and not a transparent one. I can get the backround transparent for the internet if I make it a gif and do some tinkering but gifs wont allow me to have partially transparent pixels (which makes the blur look so spiffy). Does any one know how I can make a object or word have a gaussian blur (or just anything at all) with a transparent backround that works on the web? (prefferably Jpg format, I dont like the 256 color of gif restrictions)

I don't really know much on any of this jazz, and I figured that someone here oughta know it. :D

Thanks once again. :D

Try PNG (Portable Network Graphics). I know PSP 7 has support for it, and I also know it's not limited to 256 colors, and I also know it supports partial transparency, and I also know it's widely supported browser-wise.

Bloodshedder said:

Try PNG (Portable Network Graphics). I know PSP 7 has support for it

heh, even the xp version of paint has support for PNGs.

I also know it's widely supported browser-wise.

actually whenever someone posts a link to a .png in #zdoom i'm forced to load IE 6.0 and that doesn't seem to be able to load them for me. dunno what's up with that, but they work fine in netscape.

sargebaldy said:

heh, even the xp version of paint has support for PNGs.

actually whenever someone posts a link to a .png in #zdoom i'm forced to load IE 6.0 and that doesn't seem to be able to load them for me. dunno what's up with that, but they work fine in netscape.

If you use mIRC, try this :

on ^*:hotlink:*//*.*:*: { }
on *:hotlink:*//*.*:*: { run C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe $1 }
on ^*:hotlink:**:*: { }
on *:hotlink:**:*: { run C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe $1 }

Of course, you change the paths to match that of netscape.exe .

Fredrik said:

Tried uninstalling Quicktime?

You don't have to uninstall it. Just tell it not to be linked with .png, heh

boris said:

You don't have to uninstall it. Just tell it not to be linked with .png, heh

Yeah, but that doesn't always work :P