Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Speedmapping Resumes

SargeBaldy asked me over IRC to update about the upcoming SargeBaldy Speedmapping on Sunday. It resumes at its normal time, 19:00 Greenwich Mean Time, 11:00 Pacific Daylight Time, and 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time. It will be held in the usual place, #zdoom on irc.freenode.net. Oh and I hate time zones.

Sarge, why the hell can't you just hold speedmapping on Saturdays instead of Sundays? Wouldn't that be the smarter thing to do?

Haha. It's not as if anyone who would do speedmapping would actually go out on a saturday night...

deathz0r said:

Sarge, why the hell can't you just hold speedmapping on Saturdays instead of Sundays? Wouldn't that be the smarter thing to do?

heh, thanks for showing up last week for the aussie edition of speedmapping >:\

deathz0r: while I was doing it, I asked people whether Saturday or Sunday would be better, and the majority said Sunday.

AirRaid said:

Haha. It's not as if anyone who would do speedmapping would actually go out on a saturday night...

I'm out on Saturday, but I'll be there on Sunday.:)

sargebaldy said:

heh, thanks for showing up last week for the aussie edition of speedmapping >:\

I'm blame family for being self-centered pricks.

i dont think ill be around at 1pm.. 2pm yes but 1 nope cant do that :(

Baldy, maybe you should try my map idea generator, I'm sure it comes up with better ideas than your themes :P

i actually considered that at one point boris; unfortunately i find your map generator always seems to require the player to destroy crates:

Build a huge under construction hellish castle map. The player has to destroy three crates and destroy a few big computer

and i happen to like crates.

How about a castle inside a warehouse!?!

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/id/spd8_op.zip
first time demos for 2 of the maps... if you're ever trapped on a deserted island, somehow expect to live forever(and have internet access) you should check these out.
I didn't see an exit on 2... but maybe there is one. /me be lazy.

there is, it's actually rather close to where you teleport in. you could probably manage quite a quick demo actually ;)

omg, lol. I would like to see the look on his face when he finaly realizes where I put that exit switch :P
keep looking, it is pretty easy!

yay! I am cunning!
really, the point of that exit location was because once I started building the map, I forgot that it had to end some how, so I decided to put in one of those hardtofind/quick/retarded exits in there, heh.