Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

If you need a new computer, like a Doom one, GET IN ON THIS NOW!

That's a shitty system. First of all, 256Mb of RAM isn't nearly enough, you want half a gig or preferrably more. Second, the video card is total bollocks, why the fuck are they still selling them??? Third, the hard drive is tiny, you'd be wanting something upward of 80gigs. Fourth, no monitor. You can find much better deals elsewhere, if you build the machine yourself. Prebuilt ones like Dells and Compaqs are usually pretty shitty, lacking in some areas.

No, zarcyb, this IS a steal. For me at least. In my country, an Intel 2.53 GHz proc costs about $350. For $339 you get a reasonable motherboard, 256 MB of RAM, etc., and you dare call it shitty?! Makes no sense to me...

yea but how doesit preform. Is the ram good. No used parts. and is the homeXP a full disk version or a shitty restore disk

honeslty i prefer to build mine. I can be sure i get the best parts for the cash, correct settings and insure i can upgrade.

Sephiroth said:

yea but how doesit preform. Is the ram good. No used parts. and is the homeXP a full disk version or a shitty restore disk

honeslty i prefer to build mine. I can be sure i get the best parts for the cash, correct settings and insure i can upgrade.

Most likely a restore disk. And yes building your own (or getting someone l33t to build yours for you :D ) is the best way to go. I'm hopefully getting an awesome system, Athlon XP 2500+, a gig of good RAM, Radeon 9500/9700, 80/160 gigs of HD space, and a nifty 17" monitor (plus all the regular bits, mouse, keyboard, NIC, etc), all for £800-£900 hopefully (about $1200USD). Custom built :D

zarcyb said:

Prebuilt ones like Dells and Compaqs are usually pretty shitty, lacking in some areas.

Correction: always shitty. just plain bad.

Fredrik said:

Maybe not entirely, but... Doom 3 tech forum?

No... what does a computer sale have to do with Doom 3 tech?

Shaviro said:

No... what does a computer sale have to do with Doom 3 tech?

it is the technology required to run doom 3 :)

Are you guys crazy? This is a steal! Where can you find a deal cheaper then this?!? You guys need to check your testicular fortitude.

Ok, you want a custom built PC w/ 1 gig ram & a radeon 9700?

Buy the Dell for $339 and put 1gb ram and a redeon 9700 in it!! It'll cost you a ton less $$ too.

Ok, it comes a with the restore disk? Who cares about the restore disk?!?! If you can build the system yourself why can't you install windows XP on the dell yourself?

If you are going to put a plexi window, install fans up the butt, overjack your cpu to 5billion GHZ then get a custom built system.

ya i agree, its not really that bad of a system at all. it would cost more money to just buy the processor alone.

WTF, that's expensive. I get my Athlon 3000+ boxes for $50 from Bert in the parking building downtown.

Sure ya do fred. Anyways, zarcy you really don't know what your talking about. If you weren't happy with it, it isn't like you can't resell the brand new system to some sucker for $500.

Alientank said:

Sure ya do fred. Anyways, zarcy you really don't know what your talking about. If you weren't happy with it, it isn't like you can't resell the brand new system to some sucker for $500.

Uh I was giving my opinion on it. And I think I do know what I'm talking about. You want a cheaper system than that, you can build it yourself for much less.