Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

the Stroggos project

Hell-o there guys... I've just started ripping animation sprites off the quake2 pak0.pak file... got already two fully animated units, that will appear in my Quake 2 TC...

Hopig that some will find it interesting, but anyway, does anyone know If I colud set a monster in a way he would use two weapons?

I mean sometimes guy releases a cloud of bullets, sometimes some grenades.

ellmo

I'm sure you can do that with zdoom or edge. I i haven't tried that sort of thing myself so don't know for certain.

The only tip that i can give you is that you can fiddle around with the HP, size and speed of a bad guy using dehacked (or whacked).

im sure you can use the frame table editor in dehacked to make him shoot some bullets, then grenades. Or maybe bullets as a close-range attack and grenades for long range...

ehmm... pretty simple, first I sit for a long time looking on a particular doom2 sprite and realising what does it do... then I switch to a fascinating model viewer that supports Quake2, I try to find a unit/character as much similar as I can get.. I take a screenshot and put it back to the PWAD...

Today I managed to paste all animation frames for a guy called GUNNER, now he acts like the SpiderDemon (very dangerous at short distances), he has less HP's, and moves more agile, but still it's a Spiderdemon.

I can send this Gunner to you, so You could see what I mean.

And to finally to answer your Question, the utils I use are:
"md2viewer" - for viewing models
"deepsea" - to manage the lumps
"dehacked v3.20" - doh!

and (YES!)
Microsoft Paint [Ta-daaam!]

ellmo said:

Today I managed to paste all animation frames for a guy called GUNNER, now he acts like the SpiderDemon (very dangerous at short distances), he has less HP's, and moves more agile, but still it's a Spiderdemon.

You do know that Doom2 has a chaingunner, don't you?

gee... thanks, but I DO KNOW, of course...
By the time I'm posting this reply the Doom2 Chaingunner (or Heavy Weapon Dude) is already changed to the Quake 2 Enforcer...
Man, I put about 100 frames for that bastard! But still the Gunner is my favourite.

I think, that in the nearest time, I will change foes as follows:

IMP -> Iron Maiden
DEMON -> Berserker
CACODEMON -> Icarus
LOST SOUL -> Flyer (such a stupid name, dontcha' think?)
MANCUBUS -> the Wasp Guardian (I don't know how it is oficially called)
HELL KNIGHT -> Tank
BARON OF HELL -> Tank Commander
ARCH-VILE & ARACHNOTRON -> Medic
plus a combination of PAIN ELEMENTAL and ARCH-VILE frames to make the ugliest guy, called the Brain...

See ya...

Ultimate DooMer said:

The carrier - the huge flying thing found in the Big Gun and the comm satellite.

Oh, heh. I keep calling THAT Big Gun. :P Well it IS fucking big, with lots of guns

if you're using zdoom you can make hires sprites, as generally 2x screenshots -> doom sprites look better than sizes that fit doom's really low default resolution (and the res all the sprites are made for)