Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueSonnet

You know what i'm gonna do before doom3?

Play all my doom games again, starting with ultimate doom, then going onto doom2, master levels and final doom (roughly 150 levels in total) and if possible play doom64 again (i'll use a rom if i have to but i ideally wanna use Elbryan42's tc). That way i can be sure i haven't missed out on anything with the old dooms and be fresh before playing doom3. That and i wish to finish mangadoom too and take part in the production of metroid doom.

So what about you guys? What doom related things to you wish to accomplish before we all go ga-ga with our copies of doom3 (well i'm going to assume that you're gonna try and get a copy anyway).

that's a good idea. i imagine it's something me and this other guy would do. but i do want to play doom1, 2 and maybe final doom before poppin in my doom3...

as for wads i want to finish the wad i'm workin on right now, xmas doom2001/2, 3, a dm wad (it'll be unlike normal dm wads), and a simpsons wad (with the doom1 grafx somebody made looong time ago).

gemini09 said:

for wads i want to finish the wad i'm workin on right now, xmas doom2001/2, 3, a dm wad (it'll be unlike normal dm wads), and a simpsons wad (with the doom1 grafx somebody made looong time ago).

This is a matter of prsonal taste but i hated the way those sprites animated and moved. Please modify them so that it looks like they are moving like normal doom sprites).

Yeah I spose someone with an über connection should host a nostalgiac coop game through all the main game wads. Then we play Doom3 and if it's shit nothing changes :)

I'll probably spank violently

I probably should play through the IWads. I havent touched them in quite some time.

I'll probably wank three times right before I start playing it so I will never have to stop playing!

aca said:

I'll probably wank three times right before I start playing it so I will never have to stop playing!

What, so you're expecting the game will only last an hour? ;)

I'm just gonna go on acting like normal then when Doom 3 is released I'll do a little dance of happiness then continue acting normal again.

Before DooM 3 is released, I'll beg my parents for a computer that can run it.

I'm going to rub marshmellow sauce all over my body and roll around in the woods colleting pine needles onto myself. Then, of course, run into a retirment home and scream at the top of my lungs untill the police arrive.

Any ideas on how i should play through my doom wads? I was thinking of using the psxdoom sfx in combination with psxdoom music with the port zdoom. Any other ideas?

*update* never mind. I'll do both! (play psx doom and pc doom)

You know what i'm gonna do before doom3?

I'm going to celebrate that it's not here yet. =)

Heh, Ultimate Doom is the only one I've played the whole way through. I've had Doom II just as long and I've never played more than about 10 maps at a time. Obviously I've seen the end, but never played right up to it.

Nanami said:

I'm going to celebrate that it's not here yet. =)

heh, i'm with you. yay!! it's not here yet!! there's still a chance it'll get cancelled!

sargebaldy said:

heh, i'm with you. yay!! it's not here yet!! there's still a chance it'll get cancelled!

WTF, are you a newdoomer in disguise?!?

ravage said:

WTF, are you a newdoomer in disguise?!?

what are you talking about? think about the name... NEWdoom... what do you think that new implies? no i just don't like the idea of doom3 because a) it sure as hell isn't doom to me b) dw's going to end up with a million n00bs who probably haven't ever even played the first game

sargebaldy said:

what are you talking about? think about the name... NEWdoom... what do you think that new implies? no i just don't like the idea of doom3 because a) it sure as hell isn't doom to me b) dw's going to end up with a million n00bs who probably haven't ever even played the first game

That's no reason to want it cancelled.

a) Doom with a brand /spanking engine. Of course it's gonna be different. Look at the year we're in now. Nothing ever feels the same twice, except for the occasional (yet often) demonic force.

b) That's why the mods are currently working on the Ban Gun 12k.

Personally, I plan on a vigorous daily ritual of eating my body weight in spam and eggs until the game is released, followed by a vicious orgy of playing until I have beaten it so thoroughly that you all bow before me as Lord and Master of Teh DoomWorld. Just so you're all informed.

DC

P.S. Wank a crank?

If you wanna go all-balls, wait until you get your copy of D3, then try to beat Ultimate, Doom 2, Final, and D64 on UV (Watch Me Die I think is the hardest difficulty for D64). Catch... you haveta beat them all in sequence, without dying. Every time you die you haveta start from the beginning. You can't play D3 until you accomplish it.

I guarentee you wind up killing yourself.

Hmmm, I'm up for it. It'd probably only take me approximately 300 years to get it right.

The_Aeromaster said:

If you wanna go all-balls, wait until you get your copy of D3, then try to beat Ultimate, Doom 2, Final, and D64 on UV (Watch Me Die I think is the hardest difficulty for D64). Catch... you haveta beat them all in sequence, without dying. Every time you die you haveta start from the beginning. You can't play D3 until you accomplish it.

Done, did and doed.. ^^

The_Aeromaster said:

Nah not me. Those demons are gonna get a good kicking (espicially now that i've done a nice mp3 wad to get me in the mood for kicking their asses).