Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Heavy weather

Last week, a very light tornado wrecked a local fairground in the Netherlands. There were only minor injuries and no one got killed. As you can see on this picture, people got lucky. I like reading about this stuff, and I'll explain why.

Since I was a little kid I was fascinated by documentaries about lightning, hurricanes and tornado's. Everytime there's a lightningstorm in the region I actually hope it's coming my way so I get to see some spectacular action in the sky again. I remember being on a boat on a big lake when I was young. That day I saw several waterspouts and I was scared to death. Yet, at the same time I had to keep looking. I sat there shaking and watched the unbelievable show. Are any of you people fascinated by destructive weather like me?

Yeah it's pretty entertaining. Where I live disaster are extremely rare so I can't see it with my own eyes. The last big thing that happen was a ice storm that lasted a few weeks and left a part of the province completely under thick ice, it wasn't fun at all. For tornado and other disasters, I have to watch TLC for some real action.

For some reason, it can be more fun than watching a movie like twister or something. Perhaps it's because you know damn well that it's real television, with real people, yaddiyaddiya. It adds more flavour I find. The same goes for some animals. the best way to see them is on the discovery channel.

Lost Soul said:

For some reason, it can be more fun than watching a movie like twister or something. Perhaps it's because you know damn well that it's real television, with real people, yaddiyaddiya. It adds more flavour I find. The same goes for some animals. the best way to see them is on the discovery channel.

As well as hearing Bill Paxton say "lets go and cmon" almost every 3 seconds. Good movie.

We don't get very bad weather here very often. Occasionally, however, we do get a wind, lighting, or thunder storm. Naturally, it is best to stay inside on those occasions :)

I live near the ocean, and occasionally there's a hurricane that whips the sea up into large, stormy waves. I've seen trees thrown down by hurricane winds also. I've seen lightning storms also, but I've never actually seen lightning hit anything. Also I was walking on a beach once when there were high winds, and the sand was blowing around, stinging my legs. Okay, maybe that's not real impressive but it did hurt.

It's always overcast and rainy here. I don't really know any other weather. I hear off the coast though, they have pretty intense storms. Like that movie The Perfect Storm? That happens once every couple of weeks out there off the Pacific coast.

One time above my house, in the middle of this cloud there was tons of lightning going from one part of the cloud to the other. It was awesome, 60+ flashes up there a minute.

Destructive weather is cool. I live to watch hail and blizzards. I have never seen a tornado. Weather in Colorado is nuts. One min it will be snowing the next it will be like spring.

Dallas had a sudden and brutal hailstorm a few weeks ago that messed everything up. Reports of baseball-sized hail in some areas. Massive damage to cars and property all over the place. And the storm only lasted about two hours.

the_Danarchist said:

It's always overcast and rainy here. I don't really know any other weather. I hear off the coast though, they have pretty intense storms. Like that movie The Perfect Storm? That happens once every couple of weeks out there off the Pacific coast.

All of February was rain rain rain rain wind wind wind rain rain for me. But so far its been sunny yesterday and part of today.