Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carlos_Ed

Doomsday Master Server is ONLINE and FUNCTIONAL!!!

Since I've been seeing a decrease in interest on Doomsday project, I've decided to help it's developer by posting some info on IMPORTANT development stages on Doomsday:

- Master Server is Functioning
Everybody check your parameters, cause they are
completelly wrong! You won't be able to use the server
unless you configure those console parameters as described
in http://www.doomsdayhq.com/doc_multi.php
- Network code is being improved, I've experienced less lag and
Packet Loss with the current version 1.7.8
- Severall SaveGame code bugs being adressed.
- DirectSound code being improved.
- Author working on 2.0 Release. For more details visit
doomsdayhq.com

I've tryed to create a public server that appears on Doomsday Master Server list and I've been successful! That list can be found on: http://www.doomsdayhq.com/master.php

Now if that masterserver would at least just output the IWAD filename (and optionally additional PWAD filenames), I could add support for it in Doom Connector. And if there were just a few real dedicated servers which stay online and work... I could even test it ;)

Well I guess a graphics major port is good to use for cooping.

sound nice, just shitty, jdoom lags a bit for me, :(.
I really hope I can get money to a new computer soon...

Perhaps I can create a server. I'm planning to start a Cooperative Gaming in some maps I have on a CD. Lot's of them are shitty, others are great... and all others between are also there - :D . So, any one willing to play e-mail to: Carlos_Ed@netcabo.pt

I don't know what this problem is, but when I try to run KickStart.exe, it gives me this error as follow:

"Failed to load control "CommonDialog" from COMDLG32.OCX. Your version of COMDLG32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

Well, I've searched through Google and got the lastest version of COMDLG32.OCX off net, however apparently it is not good enough.

Put it in your windows' system folder (might be "c:\winnt\system32") and run "regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\comdlg32.ocx"
That should do it, if it doesnt, then uhmmm, ask him for a proper installation setup for the application :P

Yes...I'm currently waiting for one more player... and confirming e-Mail request by another. If you give some certain I will start it this week. Mail to Carlos_Ed@netcabo.pt to get more info. I recomend contacting me on Microsoft Windows Messenger when we are ready to setup games.

You can use Doom Connector to get together and play online once you've settled a date with friends, or just play with the people you meet there. Thats what the service is designed for. The full JDoom multiplayer setup can be configured and launched with a few mouseclicks, and optionally, you can let others in to join or lock it if you prefer a private game.

Last time i've tryed Doom Connector it mumbled about an master server update or something... ( :/ ) I realy can't remember! All I know is it didn't work at the time. But... now that you mentioned it, i think it's time to go check it out! Thanks. Hope to see you all there...

it mumbled about an master server update or something

That sound very vage to me, but if its the message "Masterserver query protocol for [engine] is outdated." then I probably have taken care of it already. JDoom's masterserver is not supported by Doom Connector, because the masterserver simple doest provide required information to launch a client's engine properly. Which is what I kinda asked for in my first post in this thread.

However, fortunately Doom Connector is not dependent on any engine's masterserver and provides the option of setting up games yourself. This is where the Rooms come in. Each room represents such a custom game. You can chat in the room, configure the game and play it together. The only downside this has is that one (the moderator of the room, the one who launches the game) will be the host. So check the ping beside the moderator's name to see what your ping in the game will be.

... just to say that i've been using Doom Connector for all day and it's working exactly as I wanted/expected to. My room didn't wait 5 minutes... and already got 4 players that actually stayed there, yet a lot more went by! Anyone willing to play, feel free to drop by my chatroom!...