Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

D:os - weapon system

No it's not DOS over there... it's D:os
it's Doom: Operation Stroggos, I'll be pasting a webpage soon (probably) but firs I'd like to ask you which of the Quake 2 weapons, are your favourite? I mean, which of Q2 weaps You'd like to see in the final version of D:OS (If it gets finished sometime)

Currently I have a completed set of:
1.meele meapons without a change
2.Pistol (modified blaster)
3.Shotguns (doh!)
4.Machinegun (not Chaingun)
5.Grenade Launcher
6.Railgun
7.Chainlink Rocket Launcher (fires more rapidly, and it's very powerful)

And to be honest I think it's the most attractive configuration I can get.

Before you get too far into this TC, I think it should be mentioned that at least one other project (Generations) that involved using resources from one of id's games in another of their games hit some legal problems, and had to be cancelled (or rather, fundamentally rethought).

Hmm... never thought 'bout it from this side, but since I'll not charge anyone with costs and etc. I think ID will prove themselves rather lenient.

Anyway I just came in to announce, that D:OS site (very provisional yet) was just set on the net, at:

http://www.strony.wp.pl/wp/doomos/

Hmm, I noticed your doing a q2 mod for doom. Nice, I myself was doing something like this for deathmatch. I have all of the weapons replaced. I only got as far as one map, but other than that, fuck it. I'll just release it. You can use anything in it I ripped from the paks. Just give me credit for doing the work. This works in zdoom, mostly because of the sndinfo lump. (Iforgot, I didn't put the railgun in)

<click on q2revdm.zip>

Oh, and one more thing. Unless you are using zdoom 1.19, DO NOT FIRE THE CHAINGUN. For some odd reason I couldn't get this fixed. (one of the main things that barred me from doing anything else, as I dont have a backup and cant remember everything i did anymore)

Many thanks, ravage...
I can't take a look on the file right now, but I'll suck it from the net in nearest hours. You got a credit on the TC!

BTW looks like we'll meet each other once again on the Metroid TC, you D.I.C.K...

You're not? Well, I could swear I saw: "ravage" on the TC roster, but whatta hell... thanks anyway.

Grazza said:

Before you get too far into this TC, I think it should be mentioned that at least one other project (Generations) that involved using resources from one of id's games in another of their games hit some legal problems, and had to be cancelled (or rather, fundamentally rethought).

Ah, but you forget QDOOM.

ellmo said:

You're not? Well, I could swear I saw: "ravage" on the TC roster, but whatta hell... thanks anyway.

Heh, sorry. I did get an offer though. But I've never played the Metroid games, nor am in much of a position to even get my hands on a copy (or more).