25 members have voted

1. 1. Which soup do you prefer?

• Chicken Noodle
    • Ramen
    • Ham
    • Vegetable
    • Water
    • pritch`s vote: Cream of Chicken

Top Ramen, Cup Noodles, and Chili. I know chili isn't a soup, but meh.

Clam chowder is #1, wonton #2, chicken noodle vegetable #3.

Ramen is, blech. I used to just strain the noodles and add vegetables, meat, and cheese. But now that's evolved into mainly cooking vegetables and leftover meat, and adding stir fry noodles, with lots of teryaki and schezuan sauce.

Fredrik said:

Poop soup.

I'm sorry, did you just say your name was I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON?

Now, I always thought it was prnonced ROM-AN but recently, morons have told me it's RAY-MAN.

I told them they were wrong or else we would have "Everybody loves Ramen"

What's thedeal with Ramen?

Any good thick Chinese soup with sweetcorn in it. Or something really hot and spicy.

BTW, I voted "water", because it's the silliest answer. I once had a traditional Portuguese soup that was basically water with a few spices and lumps of bread in it. Fatal words: "You must try it; it's our local speciality."

Miso soup. But since that's not up there, I voted for Ramen. It's the college student's food of choice. I once bought 3 cases for $0.99. It came out to roughly 88 bowls of soup.

Assmaster said:

Miso soup. But since that's not up there, I voted for Ramen. It's the college student's food of choice. I once bought 3 cases for $0.99. It came out to roughly 88 bowls of soup.

Never had it and I'm a college student. :P What's it like?
/me waits for dumb "miso horny" jokes

Job said:

Never had it and I'm a college student. :P What's it like?
/me waits for dumb "miso horny" jokes

I was talking about Ramen

IIRC, miso is a Japanese soup made with seaweed.

Then again, chicken noodle also tends to hit the spot quite well :)

Assmaster said:

You'd think that gelatin, salt, and MSG would be more expensive.

Egg drop soup rules, and potatoe soup is great too. But then again, a good stew beats all soups.

Beef stew bitch!

I want to have a fucking inch thick glob of meat and stuff on a sautine cracker I dip in it.

SlowMotionHobo said
<deadkennedys> SOUP IS GOOD FOOD

You make a good meal </deadkennedys>

Ct_red_pants said:

I'm not big on flavoured boiling water.

That's what I don't get about those packaged noodles, which may or may not be Ramen. How can one possibly sustain themselves on salt, MSG, gel-noodles, and water? Really, how does one do it?

Miso, ramen, egg drop, hot & sour (aka Tom Yum), udon, wonton, lobster bisque, clam chowder, corn chowder with crab/shrimp, chicken noodle, lemon rice, tomato, tomato cream (my mom's ex-boyfriend from some years back was a gourmet chef and made the BEST tomato cream soup EVER), menudo, gumbo, and just about everything else you can think of.

Soup is good food.

AndrewB said:

That's what I don't get about those packaged noodles, which may or may not be Ramen. How can one possibly sustain themselves on salt, MSG, gel-noodles, and water? Really, how does one do it?

Heh, by eating lots and lots and lots of the stuff.

Idiots! The only decent soup in the world is oxtail, why isn't it on the poll?! I feel like having some now actually.