Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

things u wish stayed

Gokuma said:

That's a beastly system with still very much to offer (still more than GameCube, X-Box, PS2 IMO). And you shouldn't feel silly if you bought it yesterday.

It's just hard to find the good stuff anymore. But you can always burn your own NesterDC v7.1 or SMEG.

I wish Saturn stayed, heh.

Yes DC rules. And I wonder if I have more Saturn games than you...

Use3d: Nope, my dad sold the thing years ago. Teh sux0r delux0r.

Tobester said:

Optical devices

What you say???

Optical devices rule, it's wireless devices that suck ass. But the upside to them is that when they fucking quit out on you, you can throw them at the wall without them coming back and hitting you or causing some kind of short circuit when it unplugs too fast.

Well yeah, wireless sucks

but like I had an optical mouse for a small while after I got my comp back and ti was very shoddy, mlook was trashed and every time a roach crawled under the mouse I'd have a hell of a time trying to get it to clam down

Use3D said
Yes DC rules. And I wonder if I have more Saturn games than you...

Glad you agree. Anyway, for Saturn I have 44 discs (30 domestic and 14 import)

Three of those imports are demo discs that came with Japanese Saturn magazines and have a bunch of playable demos and videos on them. Two of those domestic discs are the Street Fighter Collection with SF Alpha 2 Gold (which is confusingly Zero 2 Alpha in Japan) on one disc and other the disc contains Super SF2 and Super SF2 Turbo. Also counting both the demo disc and the full version of Nights separately. The rest are a single game per a disc.

Tobester said:

Things I wish would go away:

AOL
those speakers mounted on the sides of monitors
Optical devices
Dell
Internet tax

Certain television shows:
The Lifetime channel
The Oxygen channel
Country Music Television

Certain Canadians:
Pamela Anderson
Celine Dion
David Duchovny
Alan Thicke
Alex Trebek
AndrewB

Sounds good to me.. you forgot spam and telemarkters thou

i hated tape drives, too slow and i just hated them. what about voodoo2, i loved that card and the fact you could link them made it better.

i wish my sandfish stayed(in its cage that is) but no it had to 'explore' and became food for a hungry bluetongue skink

DooMBoy said:

Well, let me say this to you: you're the mastermind behind FreeDoom, a complete TC for Doom, which is a 9 year old game. Also, you've did some programming (and made your own port) for source ports, which bring life to a 9 year old game. By some people's standards you're an abnormal freak.

Once again, you miss the point entirely. Theres nothing "abnormal" about playing doom, thats my point. I'm using the doom comparison to demonstrate that there are no "normal" people.

Read. Comprehend. Post.

I get sick of people saying there's no such thing as normal. Self-effacement. It's no use pretending there is no normal because there frankly is.

Normality in our society involves participating in capitalism, reinforcing gender essentialism and subscribing generally to a particular way of living your life.

I don't think Doom is any way extreme enough a thing to make you abnormal. The hobbies umbrella stretches out quite far. Abnormal would be a little serial killing of real people.

I beleive there are more abnormal people than normal people.

So wouldn't that make the abnormal's normal?

a paradox.

Tobester said:

a paradox.

Exactly why pritch is wrong.

Tobester said:

a paradox.

not a paradox really. when the abnormal become the majority, they become normal. so they aren't abnormal anymore. they used to be, is all. no paradox there.