Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

TetriNet

TetriNet 2 - Online Tetris.

Me, tobe, dan, insomniak, torn and airraid have been playing it recently, you should all play with us :P

Go to http://www.tetrinet2.com , download it, sign up, and let teh funness begin!

BTW, I've set up a room, called doomworld, so you can all like play there or something. Password is omgboobs.

Heh, I remember Tetrinet, maybe I should go dl it and play against some of you folks.

DooMBoy said:

Heh, I remember Tetrinet, maybe I should go dl it and play against some of you folks.

I challenge you :P

zarcyb said:

BTW, I've set up a room, called doomworld, so you can all like play there or something. Password is omgboobs.

Er, on which server?

Oh, there's only one server in tetrinet2. Wow, that's fucked up. How dumb.

Sounds just like another scheme to make people look at banners.

Tetrinet (not tetrinet2) rules, though.

Can you raise your opponent's pile by getting a double line, triple line, or Tetris?

Gokuma said:

Can you raise your opponent's pile by getting a double line, triple line, or Tetris?

Yes you can. There's also special blocks.

lament said:

Oh, there's only one server in tetrinet2. Wow, that's fucked up. How dumb.

Sounds just like another scheme to make people look at banners.

Tetrinet (not tetrinet2) rules, though.

Uh, it's a master server. It means people like me, behind a firewall, can set up games. It's what a lot of games do nowadays :P

zarcyb said:

Uh, it's a master server. It means people like me, behind a firewall, can set up games. It's what a lot of games do nowadays :P

Yes, but nevertheless it means that the whole thing is intended to make people pay money or look at banners.

Hell, it even says on their site:

IF TetriNET2 ever requires registration and payment in the future, donating now will allow you to receive a registered version free of charge when the time comes. To qualify for this, please include your account name AND email address you use for your TetriNET2 account in the Note box when you use PayPal's Send Money.

Why do I have a feeling that that "IF" should be "WHEN"?... Running the master server takes bandwidth. Bandwidth takes money. I doubt the folks that are running it do it because they're so damn kind to the rest of us.

Tetrinet, on the other hand, is free and will always remain free. There's no catch.

Damn, this game is addictive. So where is everyone/ :P