Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Russell_P

what I did today (screen shot)

Kickin'.

Give me that vine patch or upload it to the Doom Resource Center. I compell you.

Well? When can we all expect such a cool level in /newstuff? Also, those dual pistols are going to be included as a sprite pack, I assume?

sargebaldy said:

heh. anyone can easily make slopes for ZDoom

please explain how.

is there a zDoom tutorial?

RTDscout demanded:
Give me that vine patch

Here's a wad containing the basic vine patches used. There are only 9 patches in the wad (3 different images, the other 6 are just rotations of these).

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/duellist.net/vines.wad

Sorry it's not zipped. Would you believe my SIX YEAR OLD son managed to uninstall winzip today when my back was turned!

MagnuM said:

please send me that wad

sorry, it's not finished yet

MagnuM said:

is there a zDoom tutorial?

http://zdoom.notgod.com/zdkb/slope.html

...although i think this tutorial still refers to the 'slope' line special. The line special is now called 'Plain_Align'(unless it's been changed again recently).

netnomad312 said:

those dual pistols are going to be included as a sprite pack, I assume?

The twin pistols will be included in the wad, with a couple of other replacement weapons (but nothing amazing).

Thanks. Looks like it's gonna be pretty darn cool. May the force be with you. :)

Russell_P said:

I made this.

You, sir, are a dawg! Very nice picture.

Russell_P said:

Sorry it's not zipped. Would you believe my SIX YEAR OLD son managed to uninstall winzip today when my back was turned!

He must be a RAR person.

ooh pretty map. Ever since Serious Sam i've been addicted to Egypt/Mayan/Temple style maps. Wanna play this one soon.

I tried using slope.wad with my zDoom and i didn't see any slope effect at all. Someone please tell me what is wrong here.

I'm still getting the same results.

IT just looks like a texture is missing and no slope at all.

Eh, what editor are you using? Are you editing ZDoom/Doom format or ZDoom/Hexen format?

In either case, do this:

Draw two squares in the middle of a room, like this:

____
| | |

And then the line that is between them, the one that connects them, make it a slope floor. Then make the height of one of them, say, 32, and the height of the other 64. That should give you an idea of how it works.

ZDoom also has slope OBJECTS that you can place in a sector and give it arguments to tell ZDoom how to slope. It also has very useful "mimic slope" objects that just copy and paste (essentially) the slope of a sector to another.

EDIT: And remember learning slopes isn't easy. At least it wasn't for me. Took forever to figure them out, and there's a lot you can do to mess them up. Linking them to dummy sectors will almost always mess them up, for example. Just take your time and have fun. =) I use slopes quite a bit now, or at least I try to.