Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

Whats your top 5 favorite MOD/TC/PC/ whatever

definitely batman doom.
also mm, mm2, av :), and that should be it. i probably forget some. i didn't like hacx or strain all that much, do it batman-doom-style if you're gonna do it :)

Several of my favorite TCs, MODs, and PCs:

Batman Doom: No doubt about it. Ace team software really pulled off this TC very well. There doesn't seem to be any other TC that has a boss that can pick up rocks and chuck them at you, and manage to fit lots of enemies into the limitations of Doom. Excellent.

Don's Challenge 1: I'm surprised nobody mentioned this great EDGE modification. Doing crazy stuff like torching enemies and watching them burn, going through the hellish atmosphere of the unknown level, and the finale. All in all, this is excellent!

Earthbound DooM: Earthbound meets DooM meets many other games. This MOD has the biggest amount of species ever in a modification, though not much in the ways of levels. Also allies galore, and since this is a beta, things will be different when it goes non-beta.

Energia: Level designs aren't quite great, but the reason I enjoy this PC is for one reason: Annihilating large numbers of Daleks at once, whether they be regular, engineer, Flying, or even the Special Weapons Dalek!

WolfenDoom: Laz Rojas is the king of making Wolfenstein Conversions to Doom, and the remakes of the Wolfenstein levels don't disappoint. My favorite scenarios out of them all would have to be the Astrostein Trilogy, Operation: Arctic Wolf, and Operation: Rheingold.

UAC Resurrection: This MOD is excellent, and you'll face many familiar faces here, and the fight against the Machine is one thing I'll never forget about this wonderful MOD. Kudos to Deathz0r.

Zanzan: Though I don't like the idea that a creature would hate Earth so much, but this is one kickass TC, though quite short. You're the Zanzan who is off to stop a great evil threatening the very world it exists in. I recommend this to everyone who can run ZdoomGL on their systems.

Soon to be next favorites: Doom 64 TC and Dark Nexus.

CacodemonLeader said:

UAC Resurrection: This MOD is excellent, and you'll face many familiar faces here, and the fight against the Machine is one thing I'll never forget about this wonderful MOD. Kudos to Deathz0r.

Err, I must be thinking of the one Fatal made. :P

Holy crap, someone mentioned UACRess. I thought nobody would play that ever again. But then again, it is Caco Leader... long time no see.

Err, I must be thinking of the one Fatal made. :P

Meh. This was the second big project that I attempted.

CacodemonLeader said:

Zanzan: Though I don't like the idea that a creature would hate Earth so much, but this is one kickass TC, though quite short. You're the Zanzan who is off to stop a great evil threatening the very world it exists in. I recommend this to everyone who can run ZdoomGL on their systems.

Ohh, that's right, I totally forgot about Zanzan, though the current zdoomgl doesn't have any model support (yet), it still runs on it, though some of the stuff looks weird obviously heh. I also found out I had to move the player1 start on the first map to play. If only I could find an older copy of zdoomgl by kokak (I think that was his name)...

Cyb said:

Ohh, that's right, I totally forgot about Zanzan, though the current zdoomgl doesn't have any model support (yet), it still runs on it, though some of the stuff looks weird obviously heh. I also found out I had to move the player1 start on the first map to play. If only I could find an older copy of zdoomgl by kokak (I think that was his name)...

You mean ZDoomGL 0.66.2, which is still available on the download site: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=63545 ??

Aww, it's so nice to see people listing Metroid TC *sheds a tear*

I can't think of a full five wads right now. But Aliens TC is definetely at the top of the list for me.

Where can I find Don's Challenge? I couldnt locate it on the new archive thingy.

pritch said:

Oh yeah, obviously RTC-3057 and Millennium are going to blow the house down when they're released.

Heh.

My vote goes to Strain. Such great music, and I'm a fan of the older stuff anyway.

Cyb said:

<3, I love you timmie!

of course it's not the kind of love between a man and a woman, it's more of the kind of love a man has for a fine cuban cigar

Sweet, that reminds me, my humidor is getting low. Time for another trip to the cigar shop!

/watches money fly away

Aliens TC (old school)

Christmas Doom (haha, there are millions, but the one I speak of had some unique weapons with built on reticles and whatnot)

Terror Mall TC -- amazing. New graphics, sounds, very well done map designs

Dwango5.wad ;)

Zdoom <3