Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
will

Cheaters.

I've been playing csdoom since ver .5, never once have i cheated. However, I constantly get told by some no-talent doomer the reason I win is because I cheat.

I would rather play someone who's using a cheat, than to play the paranoid doomers who suspect everyone of cheating.

For Example; I just logged onto a csdoom .7 server and within 15 secs of play "Fluffy Tedster" (i think he used to use the nick Lord Malevolent back in the day) Determined that i must be a cheater.. But he wasnt sure of how... Here's the log:

Blunt-c! entered the game
You got the BFG9000! Oh, yes.
A FLUFFY TEDDY: aright]
Player couldn't hide from Blunt-c!'s BFG
Player couldn't hide from Blunt-c!'s BFG
You got the super shotgun!
Player was splattered by Blunt-c!'s super shotgun
A FLUFFY TEDDY was splattered by Blunt-c!'s super shotgun
A FLUFFY TEDDY: oh dear a botter
Player was melted by A FLUFFY TEDDY's plasma gun
A FLUFFY TEDDY: sppeed hacker sorry
Blunt-c! was mowed down by A FLUFFY TEDDY's chaingun
Player was melted by A FLUFFY TEDDY's plasma gun
Blunt-c!: shut up dumbass, ive never cheated.
You got the rocket launcher!
Player rode Blunt-c!'s rocket
A FLUFFY TEDDY: ummmmm noone can go at that speed
You got the super shotgun!
A FLUFFY TEDDY: u think im dumb
A FLUFFY TEDDY: definitely
Blunt-c!: idiot
]quit

After one shotgun kill he called me an aim botter.. 15 seconds go by and He aplogizes for the aimbot comment but now he thinks i use a speed hack... Does anyone else ever have to put up with this shit constantly?

This is the reason why I loved doomserv and why i still play zdoom 1.22 on the connector. Its because I can play ppl who know me and know how to play the game. 'r' has never once called me a cheater :)

I have had that problem before in Team Fortress, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the actual cheaters in the game. However, I quit playing for one reason and one reason only...snipers. They are by far the cheapest class in the game, but throw in the lame autoaiming cheaters (and yes, we can plainly tell if they are), and the game no longer is any fun.

Lord Malevolent needs to take off his sensitive mask and re-learn how to play Doom seriously.

I have noticed in some games that when a player thinks very highly of his so-called doom skills and another player comes into the game and spanks him bad he accuses the player of cheating. What a blow to his ego, "he must be using a hack, an aim-bot, something! No one can whip my arse that bad, he's just got to be cheating!"

I can play a decent game of doom but I also realize that there are many players out there much better than I am, and can hand me my backside! I accept that...My advice, practice, practice and more practice. Learn how to play with low pingers and high pingers.

I've been humbled by many players out there who are just much better than I am. That's reality, live with it.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I've never assumed cheating on the part of other players, because nobody's had the game so obviously skewed in their favor to merit the accusation in my experience. However, there's plenty of "cheap" tactics used, including people who utterly whore the BFG (which often makes close-quarters DM games irritatingly pointless and less fun), but I don't mind that overly much.

In other words, people need to quit their bitching and put their egos back in their pants. :P

Hehe, Will, dont worry about what low skilled players think, honestly, I get accused of cheatnig quite a bit on Zdaemon servers, or at least did while I used to play it, it really pisses me off, but then flaming the low skilled bastards is even more fun :p just dont worry about it, flame them, and tell them to prov e how your cheating, if they dont understand the game enuff to know your not cheating, they're simply newbies, nuff said.
Don't worry about it and continue playing :) a little flaming and hunting never hurt anyone... except for the person who calls u a cheater, :)

Half of the players on zdaemon will say you cheat if you are just a bit better than them, just ignore them. People are idiots for calling people speedhack or aimbot users, however some maybe use them. But not that many, that people calling cheaters.

I got accused of speedhacking and using aimbot last summer for BFG laming. Just ignore anyone who's calling you a cheater. There will always be newbies in the games..without them Doom could not move on.

Imp said:

There are no aimbots (for zdaemon or csdoom) IIRC

Since Zdaemon 0.99

999cop said:

Since Zdaemon 0.99

Yeah, none avalible to the public though.. thats what i was saying. Nightfang was the only one i knew of that had it.

Imp said:

Yeah, none avalible to the public though.. thats what i was saying. Nightfang was the only one i knew of that had it.

You can't forget that crappy .bex patch that only worked for one person... continously.

I used to play Counter-Strike a lot (sorry), but I gave that up cos I was so shit I got accused of cheating whenever I killed more than one enemy per round :D

MaTT [TiK] said:
I used to play Counter-Strike a lot (sorry), but I gave that up cos I was so shit I got accused of cheating whenever I killed more than one enemy per round :D

Just when i thought CS couldn't sink any lower....

BlueSonnet said:

Just when i thought CS couldn't sink any lower....

Heh

Why can't we all just play Doom the way it should be played, without cheating?

the "way it should be" u mean, without ports, only doom2.exe and no cheating? wonder how many around agree with the doom2.exe is in that list? prolly not alot, but hey, its true :p u get some fools thinking tis cool to cheat and brag btw, its just the normal "newbie syndrome"

deathz0r said:

You can't forget that crappy .bex patch that only worked for one person... continously.

That thing sucked ass. I hated that peice of shit

DevastatioN said:

the "way it should be" u mean, without ports, only doom2.exe and no cheating? wonder how many around agree with the doom2.exe is in that list? prolly not alot, but hey, its true :p u get some fools thinking tis cool to cheat and brag btw, its just the normal "newbie syndrome"

Everyone needs to play on the Zone more, including me, but I only have 56k at the moment so it wouldn't work too well for me. Broadband should finally be available in my town some time in the next month or two.

Imp said:

That thing sucked ass. I hated that peice of shit

You gave it to me and you said it was the best thing ever. =P

DevastatioN said:

wonder how many around agree with the doom2.exe is in that list? prolly not alot, but hey, its true :p

Horray for WinXP. =\

deathz0r said:

You gave it to me and you said it was the best thing ever. =P

No i didn't. It was fun for awhile but it wasn't "THE BEST THING EVER!" =P

i dont know who it was , but i was jus playing zdaemon online, under the name id.Slave , and i was killing this guy w/ a super shotgun , and he kept claiming that i had an aim bot :| this is like my first real month actually playing Doom II online, and here i am getting accused of cheating already , im not new to first person shooters, ive always been playing them since doom , and online , since quake 2 .. :| bleh .. its rather annoying at times , specially when i come into a new community that isnt as large as the others , but i prefer it that way because i figured there would be less assuming assholes in a smaller community rather then a large one like CS. (no offense to those who are respecting gamers and play doom II :) or any other games online :)).

heh, hey, if u have a good ping to US people, try playing DooM2 the dos version online at zone.com... there are no accusing assholes or anything there :) just pure DM ;) maybe we could have a game sometime altho zone only works on Win95 / Win98, if u got that and are interested give me an Email at
chrischessmaster@yahoo.com

me, Ogre, Altima, nc sometimes, ocelot sometimes, Torn, Fragmare, Morphy and Kream sometimes play, depends :) Im always up for a game tho as long as ping is good :D

DevastatioN said:

Im always up for a game tho as long as ping is good :D

Wanna match Dev? =P