Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rubilacxe

Music whilst playing Doom

hey, just curious...does anyone listen to like CDs while playing Doom?

The last time I played Doom, I was listening to the new Meat Beat Manifesto. Fit well.

That depends.

Mostly I like listening to the midis (especially when playing Memento Mori, 2002ado or Equinox.

Sometimes, however I like to listen to music too. I like listening to Dizzy Mizz Lizzy when playing Ultimate Doom (or anything E1'ish) and I like listening to Björk or Massive Attack when playing Evilution.

music from DOOM. I love to listen to them even when i'm not playing DOOM. there are goddamn good tracks.

Occasionally I'll use the Doom soundtrack CD if I'm playing only on my desktop (I hate the Awe64 in it). But other than that, since I have a nice external synth for my laptop, I don't listen to CDs. Though, there have been times where I play Quake or Mechwarrior to either Gladdis Knight and The Pips or some sort of disco.

Rubilacxe said:

hey, just curious...does anyone listen to like CDs while playing Doom?

It depends.

Whenever I'm playing newstuff wads that don't have their own tunes, I use a compilation wad of my favourite DooM midis.

Whenever I'm playing an episode/megawad that doesn't have it's own tunes, I use dance albums of all kinds. Scooter albums work the best for me (especially in Plutonia and Fragport).

I always listen to my playlist when I'm on my computer unless I'm playing a new game and I don't know the music.

Whilst replaying doom i have been using an mp3 wad with it, mp3s of the classic doom tunes. It really enhances the experiance.

Mangadoom will have an mp3 wad to go with it too btw. :)

Unless I'm playing a hardcore, fast paced level, I just use music w/out words that is fitting. I've gotten like 3 CD's burned for Dark Nexus Legacy that I use.

For games like Doom, Heretic and Hexen, I just listen to the normal midis, although sometimes I replace them in wadfiles. For games like Quake and Quake 2, I use CDs from other games, usually from Hexen 2 or Blood.

Winamp is always on unless the wad has it's own music. My playlist is kinda funky though. It can go from Blood for Blood to Billy Joel. Makes for an ...interesting DooM experience.

I don't listen to any music, in-game, CD, or otherwise, when I play Doom.

I play Doom using the midis from Memento Mori 1 and 2 and Requiem. MM2 is my favorite. IMO, the music from Requiem matches for Fragport. :)

I like listening to songs that are songs no one but a deaf person would agree goes with DOOM, two are Blackbird by The Beatles and He is not Yet Dead from Monty Python's Spamalot. Although in retrospect, He is not Yet Dead does go with DOOM, hmmmm...