Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

IKSPECIAL

Does anyone have an explanation of the tricks in the IKSPECIAL wad? Mordeth FX Editing Pages seem to be gone, and I really don't feel like figuring it out myself.

umm... try reading the textfile or the doomworld page:
http://doomworld.com/tutorials/fx10.shtml
This archive consist of four levels:
2floors.wad : partial 3D room over room effect
cross.wad : fully functional 3D rooms
underwtr.wad: a 'deep water' effect
undergnd.wad: visual 3D rooms effect
---------
+ 2floors.wad : Two corridors at different heights come together in a single room. The height of floor and ceiling of this room is adjusted accordingly. Solid texturing of floor and ceiling at the appropriate heights. Contains bug (edge of faked lower ceiling and edge upper corridor)
+ cross.wad : 2floors.wad taken further: the bug is eliminated. Two crossing corridors, each with its own floor and ceiling height and solid texturing.
+ underwtr.wad : an example of "deep water"
+ undergnd.wad : a cave with two towers. Ride the elevators and emerge 'above ground'... you can even see the other tower on the other side.

I checked that out. I think the 2floors wad is the best, thought it would be cool if you could walk around on the ground above :)

RTDscout said:
Mordeth FX Editing Pages seem to be gone, and I really don't feel like figuring it out myself.

Not gone, but moved to this location.

They don't have the trick in Underground explained. It's a really neat, subtle trick, and I don't feel like taking the wad apart.