Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miko

what's the difference between keyboard in menu and keyboard in game

i started to play around with original doom source from id. my goal (for now) is to get it working under allegro.

i've got a problem with keyboard. i wasted all the day and i still can't figure how is it working. keyboard just work only in menus (arrows, letters, everything). in game i can only switch weapon and everyting else is ignored. don't have a clue why... i thing there should be no difference because D_PostEvent is still D_PostEvent... or not?)

please help, i'll love you forever!:)

Why dont you just use an existing port?

Seriously, ports like boom have done all this already and straightened out a lot of the bugs in the original engine. I dont see any reason to be using the original source.

Don't discourage him. He might grow up to be the next big Doom hacker.

But it's right that the Allegro thing has been done before. By the port known as MBF.

Little Faith said:

Don't discourage him. He might grow up to be the next big Doom hacker.

Great hackers know when not to reinvent the wheel. I'm not trying to discourage him, I'm trying to help him.

ok, i'm reinventig the wheel but i don't want to stop with it. i just want to play (this time it's doom source code) and maybe create another scarp port:) but only if i learn what's going with that keyboard!

yeaaaaaaaaah, i have figured it out!!!! i think carmack went crazy when writing unix port... default controls are loaded only if NORMALUNIX is defined, you can kill a day searching what'ss wrong...