Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

X-men type of question: which side would you be on?

What would you stand as a mutant?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What would you stand as a mutant?

• Xavier
    • Magneto
    • I am a lonewolf
    • I\'d rather kill myself if I were a mutant

"If you were a mutant..."

heh, I just got to see the Xmen 1 movie today

Apocalypse!

Mr.Sinister, Cable and Juggernaut were always cool too.. Juggernaut was always more or less a lone wolf though.

I'm a lonewolf. I'd choose a particular side if it were good for me. If not, then I'll leave that side alone.

Heh, I'd probably be on Xavier's side I guess. I never really thought about it.

Better than what side you would be on, but what would be your special power? As for me, I would want the ability to create money, so I can quit my job...

Loner, but I'd use my powers, not for good, not for evil, but for awesome!!!

<3 STRONGBAD <3

Xavier, duh. Man I'm addicted to X-men at the moment. That cartoon rulezors.

I'd be with Xavier, since he owns a private school, and girls in private schools are hot.
PUNTO

with Xavier, because in teh comix, the good guys ALWAYS win in the end. :)

ravage said:

with Xavier, because in teh comix, the good guys ALWAYS win in the end. :)

I thought everyone was killed in the end and they had to start the comic over.

Anyway, I'd be with the X-Men, or Generation X. I actualy got really into Generation X for a while. I still have Issue #1 with a foil cover and the super special preview issue.

A US lobby group calling itself Project Islamic H.O.P.E. has criticised the new X-Men movie as anti-Muslim. Their fury is directed at an alleged brief shot of the word "Allah" inscribed on a signet ring. X-Men 2 features a right-wing American administration hell-bent on limiting the rights of a "mutant" minority. Many commentators have seen the film as a sympathetic allegory for the treatment of Muslims and Arabs in the US since September 11.

But Najee Ali, Project Islamic H.O.P.E.'s founder and a frequent critic of rap and "gangsta" culture, claims that he could see the word Allah written in Arabic script on the signet ring of the film's chief baddie, General William Stryker (Brian Cox). Stryker is a hardline right-winger working on "Final Solution" to what he sees as "the mutant problem".

Brian Cox has been the major villian in so many movies. Robocop and Total Recall come to mind right now, but there are at least a half dozen more. Of course, he was also the police chief in the Beverly Hills Cop movies.

Er, it's a universal theme, I think. X-men has always been about how the mutants are oppressed and feared because of their powers and how different people see different solutions to the problem. Whatever, man, yeesh, I guess you can read into it whatever you want, but it has nothing to do with September 11th. The general ideas of X-men were put into place LONG before that ever happened.

Ichor said:

Brian Cox has been the major villian in so many movies. Robocop and Total Recall come to mind right now, but there are at least a half dozen more. Of course, he was also the police chief in the Beverly Hills Cop movies.

Uh... He wasn't in any of those movies.

fodders said:

A US lobby group calling itself Project Islamic H.O.P.E. has criticised the new X-Men movie as anti-Muslim. Their fury is directed at an alleged brief shot of the word "Allah" inscribed on a signet ring. X-Men 2 features a right-wing American administration hell-bent on limiting the rights of a "mutant" minority. Many commentators have seen the film as a sympathetic allegory for the treatment of Muslims and Arabs in the US since September 11.

But Najee Ali, Project Islamic H.O.P.E.'s founder and a frequent critic of rap and "gangsta" culture, claims that he could see the word Allah written in Arabic script on the signet ring of the film's chief baddie, General William Stryker (Brian Cox). Stryker is a hardline right-winger working on "Final Solution" to what he sees as "the mutant problem".

I wanna know what this guy was imbibing that he noticed an Arabic word on Stryker's ring during the second-and-a-half it was onscreen. It wasn't even the focus of the shot. Besides, Stryker struck me as a psycho-Christian or Illuminati type.

Oh, of course. How silly of me... I was thinking of Ronnie Cox.

I would be on my own. The side of HATE. A vigilante. I would be like the Punisher, but with the healing powers of Wolverine.

fodders said:

What could this possibly have to do with the topic at hand??? I fail to see the correlation. You need every/any excuse to post "provocative" points?

BBG said:

Loner, but I'd use my powers, not for good, not for evil, but for awesome!!!

<3 STRONGBAD <3

Yes! :D

heh, I never thought, I'd most likely choose Xavier's side though. :D

BBG said:

not for good, not for evil, but for awesome!!!

This about sums it up for me.

I'd like to see if I can constantly play massive practical jokes on both the villains and heroes too. I'd probably run with Xavier's people once in a while, but leave arbitrarily and start annoying them again.

doomedout said:

What could this possibly have to do with the topic at hand??? I fail to see the correlation. You need every/any excuse to post "provocative" points?

It's an X-men topic numb nuts!

Hmm, I don't know really.

Probably the side that could use my powers for better use...whether that be good or evil. I'm sort of in between.

fodders said:

It's an X-men topic numb nuts!

WOW! That complete legitimizes the post on some fundamentalist jackass who when dies no one really gives a flying fuck about!

Heh, I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Flamewar ahoy!

doomedout said:

WOW! That complete legitimizes the post on some fundamentalist jackass who when dies no one really gives a flying fuck about!

What the fuck is wrong with you?