Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Russell_P

broken collar bone :(

Having just recovered from a back injury, I thought I'd take my kids down the park to play a bit of football (soccer to you americans). We were only there 5 minutes when I lost my balace, fell over, landed on my shoulder and broke my collar bone. ffs. My right arm will now be in a sling for six weeks. Why couldn't it have been my left arm? I've now gotta try and cope with using my mouse left handed for a while. This is very annoying!

my bones are unbreakable!

ps. how long did it take to write that with left hand?

Ouch, sounds painful to me. Hope you get better soon. But not as painful as this though.
(Viewer discretion advised, painful 'landing'. Guy leaps on edge of pool from a rooftop of a block of appartments. Both legs were shattered.)

Yowser. You'll probably be surprised by how much you can get done using only one arm. Just don't break the other one - things could get messy then ;)

From what I hear, collarbones are some of the easiest to break. Two guys I race mountain bikes with have broken theirs a couple of times.

Anyway, sorry to hear that. Heal fast.

Disorder said:

Ouch, sounds painful to me. Hope you get better soon. But not as painful as this though.

Yay, one less walking retard in the world.

My grandfather has been without his right arm for 53 years. Got blown off in a freak accident while unloading tank shells during his military service in Germany. He's still one of the most active 72-year olds I know - in fact he installed our new bathroom a while ago :) Old guys are funny.

God, Russ, does your luck suck or what? Sorry to hear about that :(

Disorder said:

Ho-ly Shit!

My friend broke his collar bone while performing a wrestling move.
The move was reversed and he was put throgh a board of MDF, and then he hit the concrete.

Well, I never broke anything during soccer but some of my friends did. One of my friends had his leg broken in an agressive tackle. The funny thing was, I alway expected to hear horrific screams when someone would break something. But this guy tried to stand up again realizing his leg didn't 'work' anymore. Then, the pain began, although he didn't really scream at all.

I can't stand watching people break arms/legs at all. Whenever there's one of those tennismatches on TV I always switch to a different channel ever since I saw someone doublefold his own leg by accident.

/shivers

When I was 3 or 4, I fell asleep at the dinner table and fell out of my chair. Due to that, I broke both my collar bones and had to wear a brace for a goodly while.

Heh reminds me of the time when my older brother broke his wrist. He didn't even realize it was broke until he got to the hospital.

DooMBoy said:

Heh reminds me of the time when my older brother broke his wrist. He didn't even realize it was broke until he got to the hospital.

Soooo...why did he go to the hospital? :P

Ever met a guy who tried to play rugby with a broken arm?
I kid you not, he is known as Tank. He has the highest tolerance to pain over everyone else I have ever met, and I've been around the world many a time.

Disorder said:

One of my friends had his leg broken in an agressive tackle. The funny thing was, I alway expected to hear horrific screams when someone would break something. But this guy tried to stand up again realizing his leg didn't 'work' anymore. Then, the pain began, although he didn't really scream at all.

Yeah, it was kinda like that with me. I lay on the ground for a while then decided I'd better get up. got up then looked down to where my collar bone is and saw what was obviously a broken bone trying to poke its waythrough the skin. Didn't really hurt at that point, just very numb. we were at a park a couple of miles froms from home, couldn't drive so had to walk home (the phone box at the park was vadalised). it was not a fun experience.

I feel sorry for Jo, she's gotta look after both me and the kids now (as i cant do much atm)

When I was nine I broke my clavicle, happened durring playing tag at school, since I was a wee lad, having 150 pound beasts fall on me wasn't my idea of a fun time. having to take off a hoodie and a t-shirt with it broken isnt all that enjoyable either. :D The slings were fun though. :D
Hope ye bone heals and gets back to its normal activity soon. :D

I broke my collarbone once.

I was sledding down a hill and my little brother dared me to go down a ramp head first on an intertube.

Not being a bitch, I did it. But as I started to go down a shitload of his friends pushed me real fucking hard. I hit the ramp, where me and the intertube parted ways. I kept going mid-air for about 20 feet (rough estimate, I checked a few years later) and my right shoulder landed at a 135 degree angle into a rock. I had a little scratch on my shoulder but my collarbone was smashed. I couldn't move my arm for a few days. I got some morphine pills and a sling. It hurt REALLY bad if I turned over in my sleep, and I had to learn left-handed masterbation.
About a week after it happened I stopped wearing the sling and just let my arm dangle.

So yeah.

Disorder said:

One of my friends had his leg broken in an agressive tackle. The funny thing was, I alway expected to hear horrific screams when someone would break something.

The two times I have been injured (severe ankle sprain - judo; broken rib - skiing), there was no immediate pain (I skied for six more days after breaking the rib). Depends on the type of injury I suppose. The rib started to hurt like hell a week later though - thank God for ibuprofen, and a friendly doctor who was honest about how much you could really take.

Jonathan said:

I think its pretty well known your an asshole, so please stop whipping it around..

I had a cousin who fell down and broke a collar-bone, a neighbor who broke a collar-bone, and a friend who accidentally broke someones collar bone (and felt horrible). I asked my mom why so many people broke them, and she said they break easily. So don't feel bad.

insertwackynamehere#'s sig said:

Reasons for bad posts: (A scene from DOOM (name the level) [split]) I pushed the new topic button instead of the post reply. Status: not my fault.

Uh, no you didnt. The mods split it off into a seperate thread. It was bad because you bumped a thread that was 8 months old. They split your bump into a seperate thread to avoid having to posthell the entire thread.

Looks to me like a miscomprehension almost as stupid as the other thread in your sig that you list as "not your fault".