Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
toxicfluff

Like sidescrollers? Like Doom?

Then check these pics of DoomSplat out.

It's got over 10 weapons so far, including a guided rocket and flamethrower which actually sets things on fire, a jetpack and all of the usual Doom bad guys and crazy speed. It's also laden with secrets, in the true platformer style. Expect a demo soon. Oh and, after the demo, I'm gonna finish up the multiplayer mode too, so you can have some real old-school deathmatching (there's no co-op).

//edit: Oh yeah, and there will be some more pics soon... it's just that I fucked the map up big-time yesterday, and had to start pretty much again.

Yeah, that's why I'm only doing 2 SP and 2 DM maps for Doomsplat, and then offering it up for adoption. It's just that I have slightly less time on my hands at the moment, and Doomsplat is very quick to edit for because of the lower level of detail, whereas with Rust I have to write loads and loads of dialogue and put in the plot forks and lighting etc, etc,.... which takes a lot of time.

Oh and thanks a shitload once again for the fireball sprite you made me Ravage.... I've used it so many goddamn times now, in blending layers, deformation etc, etc. Any custom fire graphics in Rust or Doomsplat are at least partly based on your gfx :)

//edited for too many goddamn smilies

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Oh and thanks a shitload once again for the fireball sprite you made me Ravage.... I've used it so many goddamn times now, in blending layers, deformation etc, etc. Any custom fire graphics in Rust or Doomsplat are at least partly based on your gfx

Yes, I noticed. :)

I like. If the Metroid TC wasn't being done Metroid Prime style (with our own flavor), this would've been a fun format for us to try.

How soon do you think you'll have this one out? And is this one for ZDOOM or Legacy? Can't wait to see this and rust, that last stuff you sent me a few months ago was impressive, I can only imagine what your going to pull off now. :)

Xdelusion: Well, I can't really say, but soon. Like I said, I'm only doing 4 maps, and other people can make more if they want (mapping is a complete piece of cake for it, and adding new weapons is really simple as well).

And it's for Legacy. I checked Zdoom's capabilities out this time, because a while ago I found it could do some things for Rust much easier than Legacy... but after checking out Zdoom's scripting functions today, it just doesn't have the necessary ones for a mod like this :(

Also 3D floors are useful for having a more vertical level design, which is kind of useful with the jetpack.

Hey, would you guys like to see a short gameplay video kind of thing? It won't have any sound (be taken using a screenshot script in legacy), but you'll get an idea of how it plays.

//edit: oh yeah and if you have any decent weapon ideas, suggest them... Doomsplat can take infinite amounts of weapons.

Weapon ideas eh? How about the green "flechette" bottles from Hexen, spilling nukage over all that it's thrown on.

Or maybe an imp's arm, for Impfire...

Trasher: Can do. I think I'll make a napalm bomb, which will work in a similar way - set the area on fire for a while and burn anything that comes into contact. What do you reckon to a freeze gun? Decent or lame? I've got it done, but I'm not sure if it's a fun weapon. It's a bit of work though... because I have to make the flamethrower melt it :)

//Edit: If someone finds me some decent sheep sprites, I'll do a worms-style sheep bomb as a secret weapon.

//Edit2: Temporarily stopped work on all Doom projects, because Black & White is more addictive than heroin.