Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EvilMordrid

Multiplayer

Ok any info on multiplay can go here :)
also i just wanted to add an idea
i think it would be cool if u could play as monsters in multiplayer :)
sounds like a cool idea to me, anyone else think so?

EvilMordrid said:

Ok any info on multiplay can go here :)
also i just wanted to add an idea
i think it would be cool if u could play as monsters in multiplayer :)
sounds like a cool idea to me, anyone else think so?

I don't know... it'd be pretty hard to balance.

Sort of like that one mode in Aliens Versus Predator in which you could choose from being a Marine or an Alien. One was the Alien and the rest was supposed to be hunted. Sounds interesting but that might indeed be hard to balance, since Zombies don't carry weapons. But maybe they do in that particular multiplayermode.

Welcome to Doomworld by the way :)

i remember in perfect dark (i think) where one person plays the protagonist in the game (joanna dark in this case) and the other person gets to play one of the bad guys. the bad guy has the typical low health and everything, and once the bad guy gets killed, the person assumes control of another random bad guy. i think that would be a cool thing for doom 3 to do.

I'm hoping that there'll be at least 16 player deathmatch apability, but not many dm levels, about 5 at the most.

Willits says that multiplayer packs just as much of a thrill as single player and that doom3 multiplayer so far has proven to be really cool so. Me hoping i'll have fun.

Ive been playing avp2 alot on multiplayer and i just think its so cool to be a monster of some type.
in pretty much all games like this ur always the human killing the monsters but i wanna be a monster :) witch is why i mostly use predators and aliens in avp2 and hardly ever use the humans :)

Arioch said:

That and the predator is fucking badass.

True that. But the marine's chaingun owned house. Anyway, in DoomIII, you could play as a zombie. What if they regenerated and were hard to put down (i.e. good deal of armor/health)? They can still use melee weapons anyway.

I like what Goat said :)
after being killed as the bad guy u teleport to the nearest bad guy and use him till u die and then teleport to the next nearest bad guy :)

I dunno... these all sounds like great ideas to me... though it seems like there are two different concepts here. At any rate, just remember these ideas until the games come out. It's doubtful that id will do anything like this, but these sounds like good mod ideas.

Something popped up. It would be great if id Software would make Doom III not rocketjumpable. It would look great in deathmatch for other people who stand near the guy who would try to rocketjump. Example: You fire your rocket towards the floor, hoping to jump really high. Instead, you blow your legs off, blood runs over the floor and you scream in pain.

Well that multiplayer mode could probably be coded into the game as a mod, but more importantly I think the game needs to have a player limit of 16 (at least) like BlueSonnet says. That monster idea could actually be very fun...