Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

Revision

Since most of you are in college I guess this is the right place to ask;
How do you bring yourself to do revision when you know you can be doing something else more fun?

I hardly do that. I've got a serious problem when it comes to doing homework and paying attention in class. I find it really hard to focus on something I don't like. Somehow I still manage to get good enough grades to pass every year so far.

Oh. I don't need to revise. I'm a one draft kind of guy - I also don't really study for exams. I don't complain. It's gotten me A's thus far. Then I got outside and play. Actually, I just stay on the computer and go outside when necessary.

Janderson said:

I'm bad at everything I do.
I need tips.

What, studying and writing?

For studying, writing stuff out helps you remember it much better. It sounds stupid, and yes it takes some extra work, but you really do remember the material better.

I don't usually revise stuff, save for a few poems or short stories. And I don't study. But usually, I just write stuff down in class and seem to remember it. Mountain Dew also seems to help. And relating stuff to videogames.

Janderson said:

Since most of you are in college

LIES!!! many of us are still in high school, dropped out, or are currently not in school at all.

Janderson said:

Since most of you are in college I guess this is the right place to ask;
How do you bring yourself to do revision when you know you can be doing something else more fun?

man i totaly hear you there. it is a total bitch for me cause doom is always calling to me, that and depression. also that depression has caused a mental state where i can totaly loose track of time, so that really sucks.

I go somewhere away from my computer when possible (not always possible if I need to program or there are notes online in quantities too great to print) like the school library or something. I find once I'm away I can get a bit of studying done without distractions, which are really the main reason for doing something else.

Aside from that there's really not much else I can say really, but good luck

If I absolutely have to its always like a day before the exam, like it will be next week.

I turn off the computer and all the phones. I get up when I wake up, go straight to my study, lock the door and get down to it for as long as possible.

It's like 50/50 revision and exam technique anyway. Works for me.