Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A-Doomed-Marine

Master Levels?!

I've heard about some DooM II Master Levels that are supposed to be out there. Were these commercially relesed or do I have to download them or somthing? What are they exactully? I know this is a stupid question(I've asked alot)but im kinda new to this downloading doom stuff so could sombody help me out find these "Master Levels"?

Some of the maps are also on PSX Final Doom, in slightly altered form of course.

not many of these maps was that good, but there is a few good ones.
It always wonder me, why they didn't put it in a megawad, I think there is 20-30levels on the cd(can't remember).

A-Doomed-Marine said:
I've heard about some DooM II Master Levels that are supposed to be out there. Were these commercially relesed or do I have to download them or somthing? What are they exactully? I know this is a stupid question(I've asked alot)but im kinda new to this downloading doom stuff so could sombody help me out find these "Master Levels"?

See the Unofficial Master Levels For DOOM[] FAQ at http://www.cultmovies.dk/mlfaq102.htm.

i found the master levels to be far more interesting for the most part than the ones in final doom. maybe that's just me though.

sargebaldy said:

i found the master levels to be far more interesting for the most part than the ones in final doom. maybe that's just me though.

That may be. I found them mostly bland, unimaginative and poorly laid out. Fortunately I didn't have to pay for this as they appeared in /newstuff some time ago so I didn't bother and deleted them right away. Final Doom had a professional quality that these levels were completely lacking.

Graf Zahl said:
That may be. I found them mostly bland, unimaginative and poorly laid out. Fortunately I didn't have to pay for this as they appeared in /newstuff some time ago so I didn't bother and deleted them right away. Final Doom had a professional quality that these levels were completely lacking.

That's pretty extreme opinions, both you and sb. Wonder if you entertain them for their extremity alone =).

Never_Again said:

[b]
That's pretty extreme opinions, both you and sb. Wonder if you entertain them for their extremity alone =).

I know what I like. The 'Master Levels' (what a joke!) I didn't!

Are you mad? How can you possibly say that any level by John W. Anderson is bad? :O

Never_Again said:

i hardly think "finding master levels more interesting than final doom" qualifies as trolling.

NiGHTMARE said:

Are you mad? How can you possibly say that any level by John W. Anderson is bad? :O

i always really liked dr. sleep's stuff.