Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

game prices

i went to a few sotes over the weekend and looked at games. many games i see for 50+ dollars and laught because of their age. usally after 3 months the price of a game starts going down. however few games still remain high priced.
half-life(usally contains expansion packs) is almost always 40 to 50 dollars. hey its 5 years old now people

return to castle wolfenstien- mostly 50 dollars and never lower than 35. its atleast a year old and is the reason i have yet to get it. however the xbox version is only 40.

ever queer(i mean ever quest) i still see it for 45 dollars dispite its age. personaly the game should be freely distributed due to the fact you pay a monthly fee to use it.

diablo II still see it for 40, hell i saw a 70 dollar edition when it first came out.

quake3, still i see an odd 40 dollar box, however it is usally bargin bin by now

unreal2k3 usally right now would be the time price drops start, but none yet. hope there is soon

halo- still 50 dollars for the most part. i have yet to see an unused version for cheaper

really i know most of these are best sellers. however a number of those have been out for a few years and should be no more than 20 dollars. i hope it is not that way with doom3( however when it comes out i will buy it, but it had better not be above 55)

also what about over priced games. i heard there is an xbox game that is over 100 dollars, pure moronic thinking there, and i see a few around the 70 dollar mark

also doom64 was 70+ dollars for a long time too, at least in this area

I saw Doom64 for 25 bucks new. SOCOM is probably the Xbox game you saw for 100 dollars. It comes with extras that kind of warrants the price. The most absurd pricing I see is GTA3 and GTA: Vice City...still too expensive.

The most expensive non-import game I've seen was AvP for jaguar. Even after the system was being sold for 50 bucks, the game still cost $80.

Heh. One of the perks of have a just-behind-the-times PC is that the only games it can run are top notch 1998-2001 games from bargain bins. e.g. I recently picked up Alice for $10(AUS) from a bargain bin. Mind you, now days there isn’t that many games I would pay full price for.

Same. Last two games I bought: Baldurs Gate 2 - less than 3 years old - $20, Icewind Dale 2 - brand new - $40. Go me.

Last game I bought was Ultima 1-7 on one CD, in a very nice package with maps and stuff. Cost me $10. Bargin bins rule!

AndrewB buying Sim City 4 nullifies any future opinion he might ever have on upcoming games

Holy shit... when you said Half Life was 5 years old, it fucking blew my mind. I mean, to even think that I met my best friend almost 3 years ago is enough, and the fact that this is my senior year of high school and it's almost over about as soon as it started and I've still not really made any use of it... Things are just zooming.

I wonder what I'm waiting for. It must be important...

Linguica said:

AndrewB buying Sim City 4 nullifies any future opinion he might ever have on upcoming games

Heh. Damn sims.

I bought q3a gold (which comes with team arena) a couple weeks ago for $20, so I dunno what places still sell it for more than that since it is like 3 years old.

halflife is prolly the major exception, mainly due to the popularity of counter-strike (which is the major reason people still buy halflife) as I have yet to see it below $30 anywhere, but yeah best selling stuff tends to stay priced higher for a lot longer. For instance I got red faction pc back in september for $20 and I saw it like two months ago for $15 and I imagine it's lower now, and that game is newer than q3, just not as mainstream.

last game I bought would be q3 but I plan on plopping down $50+ for vice city pc on tuesday. hopefully I can hold off a few days on installing it so I don't fail my last two finals hehe

Last game I bought for full price was when I was offline and in serious need of some big breasts.

So I got tr2 and tr3 about 4 months ago.

I haven't installed them yet.

Tobester said:

Last game I bought for full price was when I was offline and in serious need of some big breasts.

So I got tr2 and tr3 about 4 months ago.

I haven't installed them yet.

TR? Tits Revealed? (I'm bad with acronyms.)

Games are really overpriced. I remember I bought Strife a few years after its release, the only copy I could find, for ÂŁ35. Translate that into dollars, it's something like $55 or something.

yeah i know what you mean Sephiroth, i was thinking this to meself just yesterday...

looking at all the games i'd LIKE to have, im here in France for another month so i can check out things in the US soon but anyway

the i bought Quake 3 for about $25 and this Unreal + Mission Pack + Unreal Tournie "Totally Unreal" for about $20... in most stores i see Red Faction go for $15 but in one store (mind you their all like our Wal-Mart or Best Buy) for 50!!! hehehe AvP2 and PH are costly too

im looking into Unreal Tournie 2003 but its always $53 or somthin'

i know what you mean, back 'in the day' Doom was $40, PSX games were $40, PS2 games are almost NEVER under $55... gba around 50 to 55

N64 games were 70 cos they were carts and shit.. so why are all the cd and dvd games almost as much? with so many dvds and all it cant cost them a lot to make... maybe its that the companies are afraid that the games wont last so long so they open with a high price to make their money on the 1st buyers and then a few games are great and sell so they keep them at the high price cos their other games arnt selling

Sephiroth said:

diablo II still see it for 40, hell i saw a 70 dollar edition when it first came out.

Realy? I went to wal-mart last week and got a box set of diablo 1&2 with the expantion sets for $40.

Well, I mean how else are poor people like Romero and Hall sposed to afford Ferraris?

Play ball, now :)

Gotta love bargain bins.
And while a lot of freeware games suck, the ones that are good, are really good.

The Zellers here wants to sell me a used nintendo game for 30$ ;)
It makes me sick thinking about it ;)

boris said:

Tomb Raider I guess.

Gah I fail it.

/me spanks cyb

More like Boob Raider. :)

Ultraviolet said:

Holy shit I thought those were just in Canada.

Um...she's Canadian.

Linguica said:

heh. I wish you could still enforce that.

I get all my games copied from friends and I go to Blockbuster, rent a PS2 game, copy it with my CD-RW drive to a DVD-R. Gotta love technology. And it only costs me the DVD-R disks and the cost to rent a Ps2 game.

Does anyone remember when the Neo Geo was new? Talk about prices - that wasn't even a thought at the time that something in that category could be so expensive (I believe some games were being sold for over $100).