Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mmnpsrsoskl

It's true, PA strikes again!

Seems like this Matrix Powerade thingy is worldwide.

yeah its fucking lame
like when you start up gamespy and the matrix shit ad starts
and it's like "HELLO TOBESTER YOUR IN THE MATRIX I BET YOUR THIRSTY HERES A COUPON FOR 30cents OFF OF YOUR NEXT POWERADE PURCHASE"

i got the popup once and i was waiting to see what it did, but it never loaded. i waited for like 5 minutes. maybe cuz ive got 56k :/

I am more annoyed by the Sims ad. Not so much because of the content as the fact that it destroys the functionality of the DW frontpage (the ad still remains superimposed upon the page after you close it and blocks all the links).

I hate all flash popups. The people who make them should have their asses removed, kebabed, grilled and fed back to them.

No wait that's not enough

pritch: "remove" doesn't sound painful enough... I'd rather say "tear off".

That, and (IMHO) Penny Arcade blows...

Little Faith said:

I am more annoyed by the Sims ad. Not so much because of the content as the fact that it destroys the functionality of the DW frontpage (the ad still remains superimposed upon the page after you close it and blocks all the links).

May the sims burn in hell. Though it's closely follwed by the dumb PowerAde ad.

spank said:

Penny Arcade blows...

Good, I'm not the only one who thinks so too.

I love PA, though I do admit they've been sucking for the past year or so. Still they have some gold every once in a while, enough for me to keep up with it.

Although I do have to admit, there's no WAY a webcomic could possibly be worse than this.

Ubik said:

Although I do have to admit, there's no WAY a webcomic could possibly be worse than this.

WTF? I've just lost 15 I.Q. points for simply reading that drivel. I've seen toddlers shit funnier stuff than that.

ARGH!!! I swear, that's frickin' guerilla tactics they're using to sell products now. You go to a page, and you try to click on a link, but oh no, the popup gets you before you have a chance to close it. Then, rather than going to the link you wanted, you go to some page for a product you would never buy in a million years. And advertisement agencies think people will be influenced by this? What the hell? Maybe in some strange parallel universe that works, but here in real life, constant_bombardment + annoyance != product_selling. Really, what creeps thought this crap up? Sure, I suppose you could from their point of view say, "Hey look, all these extra people clicked on the ad to view the home page of whatever product we're selling," but that means absitively posolutely nothing when it comes to increasing sales. Geez, man, I am really fed up. Ugh, I am insulted that somebody out there thinks this crap will actually make me want their stuff. DEATH TO ADVERTISERS!!!

P.S. I personally love Penny Arcade.

Ubik said:

Jesus, that comic really fucking sucks.

Ubik said:

My eyes are burning! Thay should have a law agest makeing Uberlame comics.

Heh, everytime Poe makes a new überlame webcomic, God kills a kitten. Or something.

Speaking of Poe, did you know that Edgar Allen Poe invented the word 'pants'? It's true.