Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Leakage Is Bad

Excuse me to interrupt the bickering, but how exactly did this person acquire this TC's resources?

Mordeth said:

Excuse me to interrupt the bickering, but how exactly did this person acquire this TC's resources?

My thoughts exactly.

Passed on from a beta-tester? Anyway it's pretty lame of them. Anyway IMO there is a difference between using another game's resources (and citing it) and blatantly calling something your own work when it isn't.

So the problem is solved. Good :). Let's just move on with our lives and be happy :).

Holy shit, this has gotta suck. Elby, I hope this is taken care of cleanly and efficiantly, and the TC is finished without any further drama (Except the release, of course... heh) So, yeah. You guys w0x.

We know who probably did it. He was a member of the Deport fourms tell we band him. If Dark Nexus gets leekd its probably the same dude.

Can't remember, but the file was when Kaiser was testing out his ripped sprites with ZDoom. It has the graphics, and the sprites. Thus, it's compatible with every port. Don't know who had access to it, but it **may** have been on my public ftp. It was so long ago.

Nonetheless, the quality of the wad doesn't compare to the final product. The sprites are twice the size now, and the colors are true to Doom 64 because of the new palette.

Again, it's the dishonesty and lack of respect for the people who did the work that's pissing us off, and pisses everyone who this guy rips off. Levels, sounds, etc. Not only the Doom 64 TC leak is passed around by this guy, but lots of other people's work. Be on the lookout for this guy, distributing your hard work, your levels, your mods, your tcs, and claiming it as his own. This post is a warning of this more than us ranting about the TC being leaked.

So again, keep an eye out. This guy is ripping off people's recognition. Maybe yours. You won't know until it happens.

Jeez... I can't believe so many here are ready to stone the Absolution TC people just for wanting their due credit.

I'm not the ONLY one who wants to see Doom 64 ported to the PC, am I?

Then with the blessing of some of the original Doom 64 crew, and the fact that they're not making a red cent from the conversion, why are people giving the TC crew such a hard time?

So they want their due credit, big whoop. Is that such a bad thing? And I'll tell you what... Let alone being able to thank the right people for this conversion, think about this... I know I'd want to surround myself with a group talented enough to pull off this TC. If I didn't already know about the TC through legit sources, and stumbled upon this guy, I'd probably try my very best to buddy up with him. Maybe even offer to help him work on it or something. Then when truth got around, I could be associated with this fraud, and find myself in bad standing with the entire online Doom community. So there are a thousand reasons this loser should be exposed, and they should be credited.

:p And no, I didn't register just to make one post. But this is my first post here. Hello, everyone!

RALPHIS HAS HAXORED THIS WAD !!!!!!!!!

THE SPRITES HAV BEEEN DELETED!!!! I HAVE DELTED TEH BACKUPS AND I WILL DESTROY TEH MAPZ UNLESSSS MY DEMANDS AER MET!!!!

RALPHIS IS TEH KING OF TEH HAXORING UNDERGROUNDS!!!!!!

AND YUORE NEXT 3057!!!! LoLOlolOLOloLOlOlOLO!!!!! YOUTRE PUNY NETSCAPE IS NO MATCH FOR MY 31337 HAXORING SKILLZ AND MAD HTML CODINGS!!!! YOURE FIREWALL HAS BEEN DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!

- Ralphjis

Ralphis said:

THE SPRITES HAV BEEEN DELETED!!!! I HAVE DELTED TEH BACKUPS AND I WILL DESTROY TEH MAPZ UNLESSSS MY DEMANDS AER MET!!!!

AND YUORE NEXT 3057!!!! LoLOlolOLOloLOlOlOLO!!!!! YOUTRE PUNY NETSCAPE IS NO MATCH FOR MY 31337 HAXORING SKILLZ AND MAD HTML CODINGS!!!! YOURE FIREWALL HAS BEEN DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!

- Ralphjis

You sound kind of stupid.

Rotting Corpse, is what you say is true? Is it really Doom64_Guy? Then that's really sad. I knew him. We used to play a lot on Doom Connector. And he was a nice guy too :(. Then it screwed up and I couldn't get into DC for a long period of time. Probably couldn't get in till dad bought the new XP. So then I come back on DC, and this is the idiotic retard he's become?! (I've seen him like this on my return to DC WELLLL before this incident happened.) Well, SPEAKING of Doom Connector, he has been permantently banned from Doom Connector forever (I guess forever..).

Now..considering that, I supposed I wouldn't be surprised if he did that. But Rotting Corpse, what prove do you have that he did this?

The team of DOOM 64 designers made a deal with id to make the game. I very much doubt one of the conditions in that deal was for the resources and maps to be freely available as add-ons for DOOM II.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ralphis said:

- Ralphjis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just a sick, but very funny, joke.

Tai said:

Rotting Corpse, is what you say is true? Is it really Doom64_Guy? Then that's really sad. I knew him. We used to play a lot on Doom Connector. And he was a nice guy too :(. Then it screwed up and I couldn't get into DC for a long period of time. Probably couldn't get in till dad bought the new XP. So then I come back on DC, and this is the idiotic retard he's become?! (I've seen him like this on my return to DC WELLLL before this incident happened.) Well, SPEAKING of Doom Connector, he has been permantently banned from Doom Connector forever (I guess forever..).

Now..considering that, I supposed I wouldn't be surprised if he did that. But Rotting Corpse, what prove do you have that he did this?

Gotta love teh cat.

In relation to this topic, i hope that some form of justice is carried out. It is a good thing that this thread was made because then the culprit will stand out more (whoever)

A general piece of advice for other guys working on big tcs such as myself. Don't release anything till it's done. I was originally going to put a few teaser wads on the MD website (which is in constuction at the moment) but unless the tc is pretty much finished i'm not releasing anything other than screenshots and art.

Ichor said:

It was just a sick, but very funny, joke.

Um..I just said his post sounded stupid. That's what made it funny :).

Well, I can sort of understand. Matching the tiles up after dumping them does take quite a while and I only ever assembled the chainsaw and pink demon, so I bet it took a long time to make all the frames up.

Ah well, I doubt it will end up in too many people's hands anyway.

Heh and the reason why I hardly post on DW is the exact reason I'm pissed at most the people who have replied to this thread, because the lot of you are nothing but assholes who wish you would have thought of the TC first IMO. I bet each and everyone of you would take all the resources from your fav game and use them to make a TC if given the chance. Well since the majority of you aren't doing crap why don't you just back off.

Some people do take from other games. They usually don't give a shit about ripping, though, as they are conscious they are doing something without permission. I myself am working on a large WAD, but the new resources are either new or based on DOOM itself.

I personally believe that people should respect copyrights, and not because I'm a software property zealot; it's simply that if we don't we set a bad example, making things like what happened to you somewhat justified. Who's going to listen to you if you steal and then call someone else a thief, just because he's a bit meaner than you are and you are the victim?

You either accept what other people request about their software, or you don't. Permissions and copyrights are either rubbish or something to be respected.

Melfice Darkmage said:

Heh and the reason why I hardly post on DW is the exact reason I'm pissed at most the people who have replied to this thread, because the lot of you are nothing but assholes who wish you would have thought of the TC first IMO. I bet each and everyone of you would take all the resources from your fav game and use them to make a TC if given the chance. Well since the majority of you aren't doing crap why don't you just back off.

lollerskates

Melfice Darkmage said:

the lot of you are nothing but assholes who wish you would have thought of the TC first IMO.

it sure took a fucking genius to think of, too.

"hey lets rip the graphics from doom 64 and use them in doom"

i wish i had thought of it first!

Melfice Darkmage said:

sigh