Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Leakage Is Bad

Just one quick question:

elbryan42 said:
We DO plan on a password that will be changed every few days that requires the person to own Doom 64 to answer. This will control the flow of the game and discourage piracy.

While I do own the game, I think this is a little unfair, as it is very hard to find nowdays (I was lucky I found it when I did!) and it also worries me that they'll be questions about the box or the manual, and I was only able to get it as a cartrage by its self...

If there's a password system being put in place, don't expect a lot of people to play this...

Also, making owning the original Doom 64 a requirement to play a TC for PC doom makes playing the TC unneccessary. You might as well be plaing the console version then.

ravage said:

If there's a password system being put in place, don't expect a lot of people to play this..

I concur, it's a retarded thing to do. It's like having a Chevy having to check your house every 5 days to see if there is any Ford paraphanlia lying around (shitty analogy, I know) and if it finds any, it won't start.

Spear of Destiny had something similar. Damned annoying, even if an understandable attempt by id to protect *cough*their own*cough* intellectual property.

If Midway doesn't contact me back soon about distributing the TC, it'll be available to everyone (no password). But, if they DO make a huff about it (no matter when, even if it's the day before release), I'll be forced to put a password on it since I would rather have it get out in some form at least. Just trying to ensure it does get out no matter what.

Let's pray that doesn't happen. We've worked too hard on this. :|

Projects are already being worked on that rely on the TC being released.

I was looking forward to this TC but all this has put a damper on my interest. Good grief. Stop talking about the TC, get it done and just release on a P2P network or something. Saying you're going to can a project the night before christmas just because some suit says so can't be good for the morale of the dev team.

I think, in light of this leak, you should release a 5 level demo of the TC or something, to give people a legit alternative to the leak. At least consider that.

Linguica said:

So you people are stealing the resources of the Midway port of Doom to the Nintendo 64, and then you have the gall to get huffy when someone else steals your precious resources?

Dude shut the fuck up and put a cork in it. You need the DOOM2 IWAD to play it. So it's still a TC. I just wanna relive the game again with netplay. The 64 version was awesome but seriously lacking. So shut your maggot mouth.

Job said:

I hope you're just kidding. Otherwise, how dare you, on one hand, praise the Doom 64 TC makers for bringing this game and it's multiplay aspect to the pc; then, on the other hand, chastise them for intellectual thievery. From what I understand Elbryan & co talked to some people who made Doom 64 and those people were very enthusiastic about the team's work. So enough with the stealing bullshit. They're not even making any money -- and so why is porting Doom to yet another system to play on stealing? He's just doing the Doom community a favor.

THANK YOU!!! All you fuckin haters bow down as Job drills the point into your heads. These guys are doing the DOOM community a favor. If you don't understand or respect that then you don't belong in the DOOM Comunnity period. It's about giving and recieving. You give your hard work and soul and you receive gratification in that you are pleasing DOOM fans. So you haters put a sock in it!

You know, I didn't point you to this thread for you to revive a month old argument, especially when the Doom 64 TC is so close to being finished.

I said that was just one example. Here's the other three threads showing just how bad the whole thing got. Believe me, it's best just to leave it all be.

Ichor said:

You know, I didn't point you to this thread for you to revive a month old argument, especially when the Doom 64 TC is so close to being finished.

I said that was just one example. Here's the other three threads showing just how bad the whole thing got. Believe me, it's best just to leave it all be.

Yeah sorry man, I just got so enraged by reading the thread and all the people bashing the project. Hope I didn't open a closed wound. I will check out those other 3 threads, and as much as it may anger me, I will not reply :-/

Well dam, I don't know what to think. I for one support the TC. Props to them. Thats all I am gonna say on it.

I am not gonna post anymore on this thread. It is a month old and should die. So please don't post any reply's. Pm me

StRiKeR said:

I am not gonna post anymore on this thread. It is a month old and should die. So please don't post any reply's.

I suggest you do the same, or should have done the same before posting in here. ;)