Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

Uploading to /newstuff (yes, I know that there is a FAQ for it)

Ok. Just to make sure everyone's clear on this, I know that the Doomworld FAQ tells you how to upload to /Newstuff. However, there was one thing I was confused about. What is the template? Is this the format of your text file, included in your zip? Or is it what's veiwed on Doomworld, at the idgames archive, and when you download it, it comes with the author's own unique text file? Like I said before, I know there's a FAQ for this, but it didn't answer my question, so before cursing me out, at least answer me.

It's both. You don't HAVE to follow it, but it makes things somewhat neat.

The UPLTEMPL.TXT is the preferred starting point for your txt file, which should be uploaded in your zip and as a separate file to the archive as well.

The idea is that I've got some automatic scanning utilities that understand the format, people are used to the format, and I think Ling's database even parses it (I should remember but I don't). That saves me and others time, rather than me having to figure out through obscure statements in the text whether it needs a port or not, or if it's for DOOM or DOOM2, etc.

Please to using it so to make very happy admin.