Find results in...
Ultimate Demon

DOOM 3 video shown @ E3

Well, let's look at the Demons who do attack from a long range distance:

- Imp
- Chaingunzombie
- Revenant
- Archvile (possibly)
- Spider Mastermind (will probably return, concept art exists)
- Arachnotron (Not sure if this one will return)

Most likely a few more (including those zombies I talked about), but I can't think of any right now.

Rotting Corpse said:

Rely? I wonder how it attacks. Dose it stab you or whip you?

He uses it exactly like a whip. Hurls his tentacle arm over his head and the tentacle lashes out at you.

Hmmmm... it sounds cool. But it sounds hard ot pull off cuz how much the tentical will bend and twist. Cant wait to see him in action.

Rotting Corpse said:

Hmmmm... it sounds cool. But it sounds hard ot pull off cuz how much the tentical will bend and twist. Cant wait to see him in action.

I remember thinking it was totally awesome when I saw the leaked E3 video from last year.
It seemed to have been animated realistically.

dsm said:

I remember thinking it was totally awesome when I saw the leaked E3 video from last year.
It seemed to have been animated realistically.

Yeah, no problems with that one.

Have anyone seen that slightly better trailer from gamespot?
after the ending d3 logo there's a short scene with "something" that has blue glowing eyes. additionaly there were 2 other "monsters" behind the blued eyed hellscum...any ideas what THIS thing(s) is(are)?

No, that's one single monster, the revenant.

After stepping through the "cyberdemon head" sequence frame-by-frame, I can confidently say that the horns do curve like the cyberdemon's.

Arioch said:

After stepping through the "cyberdemon head" sequence frame-by-frame, I can confidently say that the horns do curve like the cyberdemon's.

Yeah! Very cool. I hope they'll use that for the final Cyberdemon.

i dl'd the vid from the gamespot site at school, and i jsut got home and hopped on kazaa to see if it was on kazaa instead of having to dl it on the site itself for viewage here at home. on kazaa, theres a 48 meg version. the one at the site is 14 megs. what is the difference? i dont want to dl em both cuz im on 56k so do either of you guys know what the difference between em is? are they totally different?

EDIT

Aw fuck they disabled the download from gamespot, and i cant even find a version on kazaa anymore!! anyone up for hostin the vid somewhere? i really want to watch it here at home where the computer has SPEAKERS!! (no speakers on the one at school)

Arioch said:

yep...stepped right through the single frames and yes its the revenant. blue/green glowing eyes with shoulder mounted RLs...yeah.

best scene is the imp (I think so) behind glass...imagine looking at him, making fun of him and then he suddenly breaks through the glass :)

this holy sh1t will definitely rock the world around xmas!

what a year!

Goat said:

i dl'd the vid from the gamespot site at school, and i jsut got home and hopped on kazaa to see if it was on kazaa instead of having to dl it on the site itself for viewage here at home. on kazaa, theres a 48 meg version. the one at the site is 14 megs. what is the difference? i dont want to dl em both cuz im on 56k so do either of you guys know what the difference between em is? are they totally different?

EDIT

Aw fuck they disabled the download from gamespot, and i cant even find a version on kazaa anymore!! anyone up for hostin the vid somewhere? i really want to watch it here at home where the computer has SPEAKERS!! (no speakers on the one at school)

get it there as divx or mov:
http://www.doom3maps.de/

wow. The video is so cool I didn't even notice the mega G in the bottom right corner.

Anyone have a link to the actual video, not just shakycam footage? The link provided doesn't work anymore.

http://butler.homelinux.net/doom3xbox_051303_320.mov

Excellent quality...

One thing about the video though, the revenant's action looks extremely bizzare. Its movement is too slow and constricted for its size and weight. Especially when it punches the dude, its like its refrained. Can someone tell me whether it dies or not?

On a side not, the chainsaw dude and the Hell knight was awesome, the way he flings him over like a fly kind of makes you wonder what he will do to you...

I'm glad they didn't spoil it all by not showing the BFG, rocket launcher, or Plasma rifle

alright what the fuck, i was 89% done downloading from that there link, and it stopped dling. i then closed aol, reconnected and tried resuming from the dl, but now it said a connection to the server cannot be established! does nobody want me to have this movie or fucking WHAT?!

Yea mine quit at 76% and was goin really fuckin slow lol... but this video is mouth watering got me all fired up again.

Sorry for the bad link, I'll look for alternative sites that host this much desired video, and some cut scenes are just mouth watering.

finally finished, at 1.5 hours of downloading. ohhhh but was IT WORTH IT!! haha im pumped for this game, yea! just glad the server didnt cut me off like it did before.