Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

Doom3 At E3

Gamespot seems to be the first out of the gate with Doom3 coverage from E3. There's a new video floating around, apparently from id's E3 presentation, and Gamespot has also posted some new screenshots, including a look at the new logo design, which looks more like "Doom Cubed" instead of "Doom III". Also, take a look at those lost souls, and those upside-down head spider thingies. Sweeeet.EDIT: You can download a ShakyCam(tm) version of the video here. - Cyb
EDIT: Again. I uploaded the new screenshots as well. - Cyb

which looks more like "Doom Cubed" instead of "Doom III".

The Alien references are becoming more and more apparent...

The Reverend Julian said:

fp, I dunno what comes next heh.

props to all logged in trolls or something.

4th post!
Sweet, sweet, sweet screenshots! I definitly want to keep those lost souls with their shiny teeth far away from me. I have high hopes this is gonna be an exciting game.

Now I just need to get that video.

I'm not so keen on the new lost souls, they're not bad, but why must iD insist on all the enemies having some sort of high-tech prosthetic limb.

Those 'spiders' are pretty cool.... Albeit blatent facehugger rip offs.

Edit: The new video is definately cool. There's a cool new hellmouth type bit and the barons (or are they hellknights) look a lot bigger than I thought they would be.

Those spiders reminded me of a certain scene from John Carpenter's The Thing (the head sprouts legs and tries to walk out the door). The head was also upside down.

Vile said:

Those spiders reminded me of a certain scene from John Carpenter's The Thing

That's it! I knew I'd seen them in a movie before, but couldn't place it.

the video has a gamespot watermark on it, i decided i'd go to gamespot right now to try and find a link for the video, but it appears they've been hammered out of existance for the moment. thus, no video link for now, i dont know if it will show up on fileplanet or whatever because of the gamespot watermark.

Hey, I can't seem to go to the link. Bah, Just my luck. Oh well, I saw the video, and sweet. Dude, it's starting to totally look what Doom was supposed to be. Of couse, that's only my humble opinion, and I know it sounds like blasphemy, but seriously, everything is just how I imagine based on intro stories and whatnot. Gosh, it looks swell. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

It's amazing! Atmospheric as RE and Silent Hill, yet with Doom's action. The hell knight looks amazing...

Those screenshots look so fuckin wicked! Another reason to get excited for late july (if they still intend to release it then that is)

That video is amazing! I nearly crapped my pants! Ok, time to start saving for a new computer. I'm guessing that my old 120mHz one probably won't run it...

Heh, those screenshots are fucking unbelievable. The game just looks so damn good.

Just seen the vid

OMG OMG OMG

It looks amazing. If it really plays like that, the game will be fantastic!!!!1111

IMO the monsters still need improvement on a few sides, but the overall atmosphere looks promising.

That video is way too cool to be true! OMG!
The outside view on Mars and that monorail reminds me of Total Recall. The first few scenes with all the engineers at work look amazing and very convincing. In fact, every scene is just mindblowing! I want this game so badly! And a new computer as well...

*Has seen doom3 video*

OMFG that is so fuckin wicked! Fuck HL 2. *pardon my french btw. This is some very amazing stuff to say the least*

I hope those spiders don't end up as irritating as the Hexen 2 spiders.

Did anyone else think that the head on the lost souls and those spider things are the same/similar? Related breeds perhaps?

Ralphis said:

Anyone else notice the Revenant?

Quite similar to the oldschool one, with green glowing eyes.

Draconio said:

Did anyone else think that the head on the lost souls and those spider things are the same/similar? Related breeds perhaps?

I noticed that, Darkstalker mentioned to me on AIM. Lazy artists, perhaps? :P