Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Draconio

Which Quake do you prefer?

Which Quake game is your favorite?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Quake game is your favorite?

• Quake 1.
    • Quake 2.
    • Quake 3.
    • All Quake games rock equally.
    • All Quake games suck equally.
    • Quake? What is that?
    • needs more impsex

Which Quake game is your favorite? Quake 2 for me. I like its weapons system and enemies better than Quake 1. And it has full single player implementation where Quake 3 just has botmode.

Quake 1, although I have been playing the Quake 2 mission packs lately.

Quake2 is the ultimate online game ever... but I like the other two just as much.
Quake4 will probably be a carbon copy of quake3.... but we'll see.

quake 1 and 2 both ruled, 3 didn't do it for me. hopefully in four we'll see what the hell happened to ranger and quake.

The atmosphere and drearieness of Quake 1; the style and power of Quake 2; and the fast, furious pace of Q3A.

the bleakness of quake 1 really does it for me.

I enjoyed all Quakes. Currently playing more Q3 than usual.

Someone changed the "Other, or don't care" option to:
needs more impsex

*Thinks of the Q2 Iron Maiden*

...err, back to topic.

quake 3 was probably the weakest, it didnt offer any gameplay at all, and the technological advances weren't all that impressive.

i really liked quake 1 due to its complete technological revolution. the console alone was a fucking brilliant idea. it was almost a game operating system rather than just a game. lightyears ahead of it's time, i can play qtest and use the same cvars that have descended down to quake 3 today.

quake 2 was probably the pinaccle of the quake series due to its integration of singleplayer, multiplayer, and software or hardware rendering. it took all the stuff that was added to quake 1 post-release and put it in a nice clean engine. by this, i mean it combined winquake with quakeworld with GLQuake. heh.

I loooove Quake 1, the visual bleakness and polygonal simplicity make it the perfect deathmatch engine in my opinion.

Something about Quake 2 just doesn't do it for me.

I like Quake 3 more than 2, but mainly just because of the pretty models, and the retro characters.

Quake 2 is my favorite. Not only does it have the best deathmatch of any FPS ever, but its single player is pretty damn cool as well. Not to mention the fact that it has a skin for Terminator armor, my favorite skin of all time even before I started playing Warhammer 40k.

Quake is second. It had great atmosphere and sound, but I didn't like a lot of the enemies and seeing brown, brown, greenish-brown, brown, brown, purplw, brown, greenish-brown, brown got kinda old. Thats not saying I wasn't blown away when i first saw some of the cool traps and stuff they did with the 3d engine.

Quake 3 I don't like at all. I've only played a total of 3 or 4 hours of it and yet I got bored with it long before then. I'd just rather play UT if I want all-deathmatch stuff.

Opulent said:

Quake2 is the ultimate online game ever... but I like the other two just as much.
Quake4 will probably be a carbon copy of quake3.... but we'll see.

Quake 4 will be a single player game.

Two words: Death match

I've recently been playing quite a bit of Q2 deathmatch recently with the ICE bot, as well as a bit of Q3A so that i don't get out of practise.

(BTW Shams is a retard, in the case the Shams i know is reading this)

Draconio said:

*Thinks of the Q2 Iron Maiden*

...err, back to topic.

Too easy.

I never played Quake 1 MP, and since the single player game pretty much sucked from Episode 2 onwards, I have to rate Quake 2 a notch higher. Quake III Arena was okayish but offered nothing exciting compared to Unreal Tournament.

To me, Quake 1 was just an uglier version of Doom with shittier weapons and less gameplay - a bunch of more advanced traps doesn't mean better gameplay in my book. Gotta hand it to it that it was vary atmospheric, but not in the way I prefer. Gimme haunted space stations.
It's undeniable that the tech was revolutionary, but I didn't give a damn because I didn't think it looked all that pretty.

Quake 2 on the other hand was sweet. The gore was awesame and the missions really added to the feel of being a small piece in a big machinery - welcome to the War marine! Nowhere near as great as Doom though, but it definitely owned Quake's ass. Also, after seeing Quake's total blockhead & blockarm enemies, Quake 2 really made me realize that in a couple more years, the blockyness would be so small that it wouldn't bother me.
Oh yes, and the weapons were probably the sweetest weapons of any fps I had tried since Doom 2.

Quake 3 Arena - never have I banged my head against a heated radiator in frustration over a game I bought like I did after a week of playing Q3A and finally realizing that I really didn't find this game fun at all. (Half Life was a close second in this regard, although it managed to be awesome the first three days whereas Q3A never was fun).

Quake IV: I have really high expectations to this game. The decision to base it off of the universe from one of my favorite games and make it primarily single player focused makes me one happy gamer.
And I've had nothing but positive news about this one: Uses the Doom 3 engine (*drool*), continues the Strogg saga (yay!), is going to be primarily sp, the new Gladiator rocks house and it's even based on one of the ugliest Q2 enemies (awesome!) and the game is being developed by Raven (hooray!).

I hope we'll get some sort of info on Quake IV this E3. Just a bit of info, be it tech or story-related stuff. Screenies would be nice too, but I doubt we'll see those until after Doom 3 hits the shelves.

Oh yeah, I'd better answer the question (although it should be implied by my comments): Quake 2 is the meester so far - I kinda hope it'll get owned by Quake IV though.

Oh yeah i didn't answer the question.

I'm unsure if a clear favourite. I liked quake 1 when i first played it in 1997 but it didn't get me hooked on like doom did. I'd say Quake 2 is the clear favourite, espicially at the present moment. I remember the Q2 demo that i got in 1998, and how it got me hooked to the quake saga. Q3 on the other hand brought me into the world of online multiplayer was well as modding and new levels\models which has inspired me to create my own stuff ever since. Quake 1 is cool too.

All in all i find the quake series to be badass, up there with my favourite games of all time (it's my 4th favourite, doom is my 1st favourite).

Hmmm, let's see....

Well, Quake was a kickass game, no doubt about it. Also very scary, especially late at night with no lights on. I loved the atmosphere, and I still do. Constant tension. It was also the first game to have a fully 3D world with fully 3D bad guys, weapons, and the like.
Quake2 was also a kickass game, awesome gfx, great atmosphere (at times I really felt like I was there in the game), and the list goes on. Online multiplayer was also done very well.
Quake3 I haven't played, and probably never will.

What's my favorite Quake? I dunno, I like the first two pretty equally.

All of them. They all are great games. Quke3 is the best DM game ever.
Quake 1 is great. I agree with every thing DoomBoy said about quake1.
Quake 2 took every thing to a new level.

Definitly Quake2.
Solid netcode, balanced weapons and good levels. Q2CTF is fast and fun. The SP/COOP portion is good too.