Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
niguel

this bothers me...

What if there isn't going to be those demonic wall textures and stuff like there was in DOOM?? :( shouldn't they show us some pics of something more sinister places than the mars outpost?

and; is DOOM III going be the remake of both DOOM and DOOM II? will it include the episode of demons invading the earth after you've destroyed the mastermind who controlled the attacks to the moonspaces?
i'd personally like that.

I bet they will... we'll get some real gorey disgusting textures i'm sure. I hope that Id has begun to remember themselves as the "we don't give a shit" company as Trent Reznor described them. To make a game that would live up to "we don't give a shit" with today's standards, this game will have to be pretty fucking disturbing. Ohh, and I hope it is. :)

God damn am I psyched! Let me also add that I pray someone is setting up their supersecret X2 to shakycam the new footage coming out in a few hours.

Damn this game is gonna rule! :D

new footage coming out in a few hours??

I still can't download the video out yesterday. Is there an official release due today?

My jaw is tight. My skin is cold. I'll blast'em to hell..then I'm gonna reload! Heh! But yeah, the only textures so far are space stuff. I'd love to see some other stuff too!

Did any of you play Quake 3? Sure we will see leet hell textures and models.

niguel said:

and; is DOOM III going be the remake of both DOOM and DOOM II? will it include the episode of demons invading the earth after you've destroyed the mastermind who controlled the attacks to the moonspaces?
i'd personally like that.

Doom 3 will only be a remake of Doom 1, but they say that they plan to do an sp mission pack ---------> likely retelling of Doom 2 hidin' there.

dsm said:

Doom 3 will only be a remake of Doom 1, but they say that they plan to do an sp mission pack ---------> likely retelling of Doom 2 hidin' there.

I sure hope so...

Yeah, but it has loads of Doom2's monsters in it. Since it has a strong plot etc, I doubt it will resemble Doom1 much anyway.

I I hope they take a slightly more imaginative tack with the design later on in the game. I'm sick of space stations. I wanna see some nice shiny green marble satanic style settings. Like the classic Doom ones, but updated.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Yeah, but it has loads of Doom2's monsters in it. Since it has a strong plot etc, I doubt it will resemble Doom1 much anyway.

I I hope they take a slightly more imaginative tack with the design later on in the game. I'm sick of space stations. I wanna see some nice shiny green marble satanic style settings. Like the classic Doom ones, but updated.

That is exactly what im looking for, marble walls with demonic decorations, totured souls and blood soaked floors....that was my favorite element of doom it was just so evil and alone feeling that it practicly made the game.

That feeling of aloneness was quite powerful, ya know when you're sitting there playing and someone opens the door of the room your in and they scare you because you are so into the game... As for numbers of monsters, balance is important, the strength of the weapons and the strength of the weapons. And to get a little post modern choreographic on it they should assess how they want the player to feel, overwhelmed, asskicking, somewhere inbetween? And some dark green marble goth maps would be a huge relief cause the only cutting edge fps out that I know of that isnt all futureistic is RTCW which has some pretty good ambiance.

I'm really looking forward to the Earth invasion, and cacodemons...
If they are going to do it as a remake, they can't forget this 2 details

Alboroto said:

I'm really looking forward to the Earth invasion, and cacodemons...
If they are going to do it as a remake, they can't forget this 2 details

The Earth invasion wasn't until Doom 2.
I assume that they'll either do a "Doom 4" or retell the story in this sp mission pack they plan to do for Doom 3.

The latter option seems quite likely (but the former is also very likely), as Doom 2 had even less story material in it than Doom 1.
I imagine that an improved version of the Doom 2 storyline could very well be fit into 20 or fewer maps (which is approximately the avarage size of a mission pack).

But you can be almost 100 per cent certain that the Doom 2 storyline is not included in Doom 3 itself. It'll show up in a later installment I'm sure.

I've been looking at some videos, and none of them show any demos symbols... I don't like that =(

I think there will be demonic textures and stuff. At the beginning of the E3 trailer (did you see it? if not download it, it's incredibly good) the camera goes into the mouth of this dragon like skull thingy and you see some burning planets in the background. So you probably will see demonic stuff in the game (unless they decide to drop it... it would be a shame because that was part of what made Doom cool).