Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chowin

DooM commands

First question is were can I get a list of DooM commands? For some reason I can't lower the music volume through the options menu when I play DooM online. I've been simply turning the music off through the command line. Second question, is there a way to simply lower the sound volume in the command line/console?

chowin said:
First question is were can I get a list of DooM commands? For some reason I can't lower the music volume through the options menu when I play DooM online. I've been simply turning the music off through the command line. Second question, is there a way to simply lower the sound volume in the command line/console?

No, there isn't a way to lower it from the command line, but you can open the CFG file with a text editor to modify the sound or music volumes. DOOM's basic commands appear in its readme file(s) or in the FAQ (it came with DOOM till the very latest versions, and can still be found in the DOS shareware, or even separately.) Source engine mods usually have a list in their TXT files.

It's possible that you might not be able to access the options menu in doom and doom2 (it crashes.) This happens because you set a high mouse snsitivity for the mouse, and doom tries to draw the sensitivity marker in an unacceptable place (probably off the screen.) In that case you should just modify the DEFAULT.CFG as I noted above before you start the game.

By the way, you should specify what engine you're using when asking about something like this (since nowadays people frequenting these forums are often using one of those new mods based on the source code, like the one that weird fish mentioned above.)