Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carnevil

Skulltag Grudge Match! #3

Which is a better name for the Doomguy?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better name for the Doomguy?

• Deimos
    • Flynn Taggart
    • Taylor
    • Andrew Stine

So which do you think is a better name for our beloved Doomguy? Deimos, or Flynn Taggart?

YOU DECIDE!

(yeah, I know I said this one was gonna be 999cop vs. mouselook, SO SUE ME)

BlueSonnet said:

Neither. Johny Blasko sounded better.

OK out of the two provided, deimos of course.

WHAT?? Are you kidding me? I mean, I know Flynn Taggert isn't the BEST name, but come on. How could you name the doom guy a location that he fights in? I mean, you're calling him a moon base for christ sake! Why not call him Phobos, or Baron von Revenant, or even Dr. Mancubus deCaco?

Seriously...

EDIT: Ok, now this is really sad. At this point it's 3 to 1 with Deimos in the lead. That means I'm the only one that voted for the actual human name so far... And now two more entries have been added. Go Taylor!

Mancubus II said:

WHAT?? Are you kidding me? I mean, I know Flynn Taggert isn't the BEST name, but come on. How could you name the doom guy a location that he fights in? I mean, you're calling him a moon base for christ sake! Why not call him Phobos, or Baron von Revenant, or even Dr. Mancubus deCaco?

Well i wanted another name to be on the poll. Even Johny Blasko has a better ring to it than Flynn Taggart.

btw for general reference Johny Blasko is the name of the doom guy in the quake movie.

Linguica said:

Andrew Stine

BEST NAME EVAR!!111

/me spanks

Mancubus II said:

Seriously...

EDIT: Ok, now this is really sad. At this point it's 3 to 1 with Deimos in the lead. That means I'm the only one that voted for the actual human name so far... And now two more entries have been added. Go Taylor!

Dude, it's a FICTIONAL VIDEO GAME CHARACTER's name. By that token, you must thing Spyro, Ryu, Bison, Sonic, Juggernaught, Megaman, Magneto, etc. are all HORRIBLE video game names. Please, that's ridiculous. Part of the reason for the out-of-the-ordinary names is to help distance these games from reality. Isn't that what games are *SUPPOSED* to do? This isn't a fucking flight simulator.

Please, we're naming a video name character. They typically do not have names like "John Smith". You act like the guy is gonna go to the DMV or something and have "Deimos" slapped on his driver's license. Plus, Q3A named the orange doomguy "Phobos". I, and I believe many people, think that's a pretty cool and fitting name.

Come on. Open up your mind just a LITTLE BIT.

heh, I voted for Deimos.

Well, you could always call him Zorro, or the demon ass raper. O_o

Mancubus II said:

I have to agree.

Linguica said:

Andrew Stine

Blatantly unoriginal ;)

I don't like the sound of any of those names. I always assumed the Doomguy didn't have a name, if id had wanted the Doomguy to have a name, they would've given him one, certainly.

Mancubus II said:

WHAT?? Are you kidding me? I mean, I know Flynn Taggert isn't the BEST name, but come on. How could you name the doom guy a location that he fights in?

agreed, that's pretty fricking retarded.

Dr. Mancubus deCaco

i think you may be onto something there.

Fredrik said:

Doofus Barbarella

timmie said:

Froo-Froo MacPerrywinkle

Stop with suggesting swedish names already!

boris said:

Stop with suggesting swedish names already!

Holger Svenningsson!!!

From Papperskorgen!!!

Grogglogobofink said:

i think the original story made it quite clear he had no name by only referring to the doom marine in second person.

Hypothetically...

Nanami said:

Everyone knows that his name is "You"

And I was thinking: ''Our Hero''

Deimos wins!

(this is just a hypothetical situation, this does not mean that the doomguy's name EVERYWHERE IS NOW DEIMOS)

I still think it's silly to send him to Deimos and call him Deimos.

Let's have a character on Earth named Earth!

Nanami said:

I still think it's silly to send him to Deimos and call him Deimos.

Let's have a character on Earth named Earth!

Uh do you realize that the moon Deimos was named after a figure in greek (or was it roman?) mythology?

So maybe he is NOT named after a moon :P