Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silverwyvern

Cmon people, we need more art! ;)

I've noticed a saddening decline of fanart as of late. We need more drawings! Don't let the fanfic people beat us!

You know who you are! Wasted, Bluesonnet, Agnes, Fredrik, Hell_Baroness, Lost soul...

Maybe if we had biweekly contests and all artists(who wish to participate) contribute a peice. Maybe we can get the rest of the forumers to vote which one they like best. And the winner will earn some sort of prize. Maybe the mods will let me give you a 'champion artist' title until the next contest.

Just a couple ideas to get some more color in here.

If you like the idea, I'll bring it up at the next board meeting ;)

I'd do some if I was good enough but my skill at drawing is too far behind all of you, and since I don't have a tablet, coloring is always a pain in the ass and it finishes much worse than the original b/w one. I will surely buy one when I'll get my new computer so until then I doubt I'll do anything.

On DDRManiax, they have some kind of contest that could work here too. Every 2-3 weeks a subject is given and people post their art and have it rated by the community. The winner gets a custom title.

I'd put some fanart up if I could draw worth a flip and had a site to put it on :(

I've got lots of stuff just waiting for me to start working on it. I've just been sick lately, that's all. I'll be back over the weekend.

I think a contest is a great idea, and I would definitely like to see more people showing off their art. And even for those of you who think you aren't skilled enough, it'll be great practice. I find all art inspiring, not because of quality or content, but the effort put into it, so I'll appreciate anything submitted. :)

No time = No art. If I had more, I'd post more. I'm still wanting to outdo my past Doom fanarts..

I'll go back to my in-progress drawings as soon as I'm done with my damn time-consuming BA project!

Be advised, these drawings are pretty far in the progress, so if you're lucky, you may be showered in pencil art from yours truly in the not too distant future. Though it all depends on whether I can get them scanned of course.

You're frequently getting art from me whether it be concept art or fanart. Just thought i'd say that in case you think i'm slacking off.

But i see your point. There's never enough doomart.

I'll see if i can squeeze in more art to show. I'll try get a new piece of concept art uploaded tonight.

Hmm . . .

I like this idea, even if I can't draw fer poopies . . .

The Internet Gargoyles fanbase has the Monthly Gargoyles Contest, where the administrators post a topic each month, and some people submit their work that goes in hand with the topic.

Maybe we could do something like that?

I would post something, but it seems as though my latest webhost died on me. That makes 7 dead ones, and one that kicked me out. I think that was all of them. Oh well.

Err, I havent drawn any Doompics and my mom never gets off the other computer so I can scan anything. (scanners part of the printer which can only be hooked up to her computer, why I'll never know)

*shrugs and quietly clears throat*

If there's anyone that has hosting problems, I can help maybe? I haven't even used half the Megs available to me at my Batcave name, and I kindah have two VillagePhotos accounts . . .?

And the aforementioed MGC has its own site 'n' everything; I could probably make an offshoot on my Batcave name --- or someone else could host it if they'd rather not see something like fleethq.batcave.net/unreality/DOOM/MDC.html

1. Effect: Thats a brand new idea! Agreed!

2. the ideas:

a - forum dwellers might specify the objects for drawings...

b - it might be wise to establish contest for black'n'white pics and for colored ones...

c - also we need the voting system... another poll section?

3. other thoughts:

Agnes said:

I've got lots of stuff just waiting for me to start working on it...

Lost Soul said:

No time = No art...

the same sh1t with meeee... i have to write so much of these damn paperworks!

4: the final: Anyway? im in!!!

I've an idea for the voting system? Again falling back to the MGC for this . . .

MGC has two available options: one for artistic and creativity votes. Maybe we can have those and add others? Like Most Gory, Most Like the Game, etc. etc. etc. . . .?

And I like wasted's idea about having separate contests/polls for separate drawing mediums.

Contest sounds good. I'd be tempted to join though, and that would surely spell disaster.

Hmm. I have no idea how to make this contest.. are there any free contest makers out there? I really wanna get started but lack the skills to make a page for it where you can vote..

contest idea:

artists might send the complited images to moderator (to our glorious dsm 4 example) or to smbdy on the doomworld who can organize the viewing page. I mean it might be done in the same way as Doom3 screenshot page...

thus, i suppose we (the artists, hehehehe) should ask the allmighty Linguica for doing such stuff...

any thoughts?

Actually... can polls contain links in them? You could just have all the entries as options on a poll, with each choice linking to the picture it's reffering to. That is... if all else fails.

wasted said:

contest idea:

artists might send the complited images to moderator (to our glorious dsm 4 example) or to smbdy on the doomworld who can organize the viewing page. I mean it might be done in the same way as Doom3 screenshot page...

thus, i suppose we (the artists, hehehehe) should ask the allmighty Linguica for doing such stuff...

any thoughts?

Hmm. well the reason -I- suggested this was because I was gonna do it ;)
Oh well...

cyberdemon666JV said:

I'll draw some more art , if any one has some requests?

Do a doomguy! :-P
Or a chaingunner.