Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Matrix 2 (DON`T look if you haven't seen it yet)

*Spoilers*
Saw it, thought the action sequences were the best ever made. The car chase scene was full of eye candy. Left the theater thinking good action, poor plot, a lot of loopholes.A catch 22 inside a catch 22 was too much to gauge and leaving the cinema, they were a lot of lost and dazed expressions. Half of them didn't realize that the humans that were free were meant to be free, and half of that half didn't realize that the Matrix needed the "One" To become a perfect program.

However, thinking back, I realized I missed an important driving message behind the plot. Neo was meant to be the ONE. He was meant to be perfect. The numerous quotes by the agents saying "Only human" was to reinforce this point that he was projected to be perfect. The other underlining theme was one of choice. When given the choice to save the "supposedly free" zion people and Trinity, Neo made a choice and along with that choice, stumbled upon his biggest fundamental flaw and strength...Love.

Only human.

Thought that was pretty cool...As good as the first, if not better.

Smith is the true anomaly that the matrix designers didn't plan on.
He will make the change.
I wanted to see Smith jack with that marovingin(sp) guy.

It was a pretty good movie... though the whole dancing crap at the beginning was pointless. I don't understand how people couldn't understand what was going on, though... it seemed perfectly logical to me. Yet I had to explain it to a friend of mine who didn't quite get what was going on.

ok i stopped reading half way thru cos i cant see the movie till later next week (tho its #~7&ing out today here.. grrrr) i hope its cool, i really liked the 1st and you gotta love eye candy... grrrr cant wait, want to talk about it... but dont want to read spoilers, AHHH i gotta go

:)

I should really ban you for almost spoiling it for me. Thankfully my poor brain just switched off in time.

heh, it was pretty good. less story, more action than the original. kind of chaotic too. a fair amount worse than the original but maybe more fun :)

It was worth it for that new T3 preview at the beginning of it. Oh fuck yes.

There's a Matrix within the Matrix I predict. I thought the plot sucked until Neo met the architect. After that, the movie redeemed itself by quite a lot. The effects were beyond rad.

I'm really wondering what was up with him killing the squids at the end...

Audiovisually, the most impressive movie I have ever seen. The thing that impressed me most was when Neo was flying through the city to get to Trinity, causing some... turbulence :)

**MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT**

The scene with the Architect was mindbogglingly cool. The Wachowski brothers spent a movie and a half establishing a relationship between machines and men, the surface and Zion, neo and the agents, and then introduced a character and a plot twist that in many ways turns that relation upside down.

This is one of the best movies I've ever seen, certainly a lot better than the original. The dance/sex scene was cool but a bit to long - but that's about all for the criticism.

FUCK.

Do you guys recognize this? I always click on a thread that says 'OMG SPOILERS, DON'T CLICK!!' when I haven't seen the movie yet.

Dingus Khan said:

I'm really wondering what was up with him killing the squids at the end...

matrix within a matrix, seems logical but would really make the stroy suck ass(be like the matrix wannabe '13th floor')

honestly i like that they showed the human city this time. however would it have not been easier to leave earth? i mean the certianly have the technology and the resources.
maybe by that point in time a number of humans had made it off earth and those left had the option to stay behind. maybe it was forgotten that humans had escaped? who knows

is it true this is only half of a movie, and that the other movie coming out in november is the second half?

Yes it is.

I believe the Wachowski brothers have once stated there is no 'Matrix within a Matrix'. But of course they, like the Architect himself, might be lying. All will be revealed in November.

Wait a minute...i'm confused...you were supposed to understand it the first time? ^_^

I'm gonna have to see it a few more times before I fully understand just what the hell was going on :P

All this spoiler nonsense makes me want to see this movie all the more badly.

the movie wasn't bad, but my enjoyment of it was ruined by the fact that the whole time it was on, i was thinking about that terminator 3 preview. when that came on, i WEPT. it's so goddamn good.

Anyone catch the Dante's Inferno references? I think the program holding the key maker captive was named Malebolge (area of hell for frauds) and the girl he was with that got sick him of was named Proserpine (Queen of Hell and wife of Pluto from the City of Dis). I'm not sure if there was any significance in using the names. Heh, I used the name Proserpine for a female rogue in a game about a year ago.

You know, some of the things being said make more sense the second time through after you know what's going on. Just so you know.

Gokuma said:

Anyone catch the Dante's Inferno references? I think the program holding the key maker captive was named Malebolge (area of hell for frauds) and the girl he was with that got sick him of was named Proserpine (Queen of Hell and wife of Pluto from the City of Dis). I'm not sure if there was any significance in using the names. Heh, I used the name Proserpine for a female rogue in a game about a year ago.

The guys name was Merovingian, and the girl was Persephone (Proserpine is the latin version of the name).

I've read an interesting theory that Persephone might actually be the Mother that the Architect refers to. They did have that "matrix sound" when her and Neo kissed, so I'm thinking there's more to her than Reloaded showed... I dunno.

I thought the movie was OK, but it needed some serious polishing of the flow. A lot of the fight scenes didn't seem to serve any purpose, like the infamous Neo vs Smith battle. I think everyone can agree that rave scene was too long also.

The rave scene was unnecessary altogether. The Smith scene however... well, it was probably the best fight of the movie. And judging from the trailer for the third movie, I think there's more to Smith than we know just yet.

Yeah, I get the feeling that Smith is going to be the key player in Revolutions.

Expanding on my criticism of the fight scenes, they just didn't seem to have as much "oompf" as the first one. Maybe it's because we've been saturated with Matrix style action sequences ever since the first movie came out... It seemed like a lot of those scenes were even overdone. Like when Neo fights the Oracle's protector; wtf? Did we really need yet another martial arts battle in the movie?

I think that Persephone was a vampire. Wasnt that the name of a vampire from some story or something? I mean...his body guards were werewolves, why not have a vampire wife?

As for the Matrix within the Matrix...I dont think that would be dumb. They've gone for so long thinking they understood it all, and then the architect proved that it was all SUPPOSED to happen...so doesnt it seem logical that all the stuff happening outside of the original Matrix is a program too? I mean...there was no rule saying that zion and all that was the "real" world...the war could all be fake. I doubt that would happen...because that would just get way too fucked up for them to try to explain. The Matrix is cool...but I dont think they'd go for that much headfuckery.

No, Persephone in mythology was the unwilling bride of Hades. She was actually the reason for the different seasons; her mother was in control of the weather and got really sad when she left. Some kind of compromise got worked out so that Persephone would only be with Hades part of the year (fall,winter) and spend the rest of the time with her mother. I'm not sure how any of that ties in with the movie:)

I don't think they would do a Matrix-in-a-Matrix for a lot of reasons, one of which is that it's a cliched idea.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I thought those virusdudes looked incredibly lame in the trailers.