Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

My WAD, It's Full Of Lumps

Fredrik Johansson has notified me of the very first release of his OMGIFOL Python WAD library. So what exactly can this WAD library do?

• Loading WADs to memory and saving them back to files.
  • Inserting, moving, renaming and deleting lumps.
  • Loading raw lumps from files and saving them back.
  • Performing operations on multiple WADs simultaneously in memory.
  • Loading graphics from files and saving them back. As OMGIFOL relies on PIL for opening and saving image files, many formats such as PNG, BMP and GIF are supported. There are currently two issues with image importing: high-resolution graphics (taller than 255 pixels) cannot be loaded, and files must already be converted to Doom's palette before you import them.
  • A couple of other functions for various (hopefully handy) operations.

For more information and documentation, visit the OMGIFOL homepage on SourceForge. One hopes that with this release out of the way, Fredrik will go back to working on Vrack 3. Heh.

Long ago on IRC I inspired Fredrik out of a depression that was keeping him from working on Vrack 3. I had a log, but not anymore. Anyway, guess he didn't stay out of his slump for long... He was like:

<Fredrik> You made me laugh!
<Fredrik> I can go back to working on Vrack 3 now!

12th post (and with my left hand too!)

what's a 'vrack' ? Is that rhyming slang or something ;)

17th post and kudos to Arioch for the creative news title.

Perhaps if Vrack3 gets postphoned a bit longer, it could be made on the Doom3 engine.

EDIT: Damn, make that "18th post". I fail it as well. :(

Fredrik said:

First post! I'll now be drowning in praise, glory and hot babes!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAetc! Your life will turn upside down after this...you'll have groupies recognizing you on the streets and stuff. haha that's a hilarious thought.