Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
revenant_fister

Console Wolfenstein Stuff

Does anyone know if there's a mod out there that replaces some of the Doom sprites and stuff with the hi res sprites from the console versions of Wolfenstein (ie the 3d0 one)? Oh and the music aswell... that owned.

I seem to remember there being something called Wolfendoom at some point.

Cheers.

yeah, there's something called wolfendoom somewhere. i had to wait in 3ddownloads line for a friggin' hour, then i didn't understand how to run it. just search for wolfendoom and the site will pop up (i think).

The Hi-res sprites on the mac version, and I am guessing the console versions too, were only drawn from front on. So, whilst you could use them to replace the ones in Doom, they would always look as if they were facing you, regardless of which way they were actually facing.

Edit: I am of course referring to the enemy sprites. Decorations being drawn from one angle only is pretty irrelevant as the decorations in Doom are also only drawn from one angle.

Hmm... I thought I saw back views of the hi-res Wolfenstein sprites (it's been a LONG time since I played the Mac demo in high school :P). Dammit, wish I either had a Mac or a Jaguar with the game. The SNES version, while the same awesome maps and awesome gameplay, is just butt-ugly.

The high-res sprites don't have the right Wolf3d feel to them anyway. They look more cartoonish too.
Nah, gimme the good ol' pixelated ones - they may be pixelated, but the have a less cartooney feel to them.

So, anyone got the mac version? If it's the same as the 3d0 one, that's the shit I want. The enemies looked awesome in that.. way higher resolution, a lot more character too. They actually looked pissed off, whereas the PC ones just look kind of indifferent.

Plus, what about the music? I think on the 3d0 version, it came as a load of CD tracks on the disc.