Find results in...
Linguica

Baby bee?

That baby-bee thing?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. That baby-bee thing?

• Looks cool
    • Looks retarded

I haven't seen the video, so I can't say anything about the baby, but I believe that as long as it doesn't get lame like the HL's fetus it'll be just fine.

ToXiCFLUFF, where's a fetus in Max Payne?

The baby definately looks crazy. I agree that alot of the enemies don't seem hellish in a conventional sense, like some of the original doom monsters. But then again, what was so hellish about a brain inside a mechanical spider body? There were some monsters in the original doom that looked mutated, like the mancubus.

Don't forget too, we've yet to see the most hellish creature of all Doom, the Baron of Hell, or his pop. I'll bet most of the rest of the monsters don't have the mutant-insect look. The Baron and Caco will look hellish, plus any more new monsters they may have in store for us.

The_Aeromaster said:

The baby definately looks crazy. I agree that alot of the enemies don't seem hellish in a conventional sense, like some of the original doom monsters. But then again, what was so hellish about a brain inside a mechanical spider body? There were some monsters in the original doom that looked mutated, like the mancubus.

Don't forget too, we've yet to see the most hellish creature of all Doom, the Baron of Hell, or his pop. I'll bet most of the rest of the monsters don't have the mutant-insect look. The Baron and Caco will look hellish, plus any more new monsters they may have in store for us.

yer gettin me all giddy inside I cant wait to see the BOH and the Caco again. Yea Im not all to fond or the insect/alien look that so many or the enemies have... it just dosent feel realy like doom, but on the other hand the hell knight absolutly blew me away, I couldent have asked for more it looks so badass if I saw one in real life i'd shit my pants.

If the Baron of Hell doesn't have horns/hooves I'm making a replacement model, and it's gonna kick all kinds off ass (yeah right).

Use3D said:

I'm not a fan of the Baby of Hell. Where the fuck did it come from and whats it doing on freakin' Mars?

From the same place as all the other demons? And doing the same thing?

Anyway, I like it. Seeing that look of malice on a babies face is cool.

Use3D said:

I'm not a fan of the Baby of Hell. Where the fuck did it come from and whats it doing on freakin' Mars?

I distinctly remember an article detailing the new Mancubus is female, and that it now sports a certain "feature" reminiscent of its gender. This is probably the manc's spawn.

Zaldron said:

I distinctly remember an article detailing the new Mancubus is female, and that it now sports a certain "feature" reminiscent of its gender. This is probably the manc's spawn.

I haven't seen the baby yet (and don't want to see it until the game is legally installed on my computer), so I'm ready to believe that it's highly probable that you're right.

And speaking of the mancubus, it had better look fat and disgusting, but again, I'll wait and see.

As far as I remember that article mentioned the Mancubus (or parts of it) resembled a female, not that it actually is female now.

Alboroto said:

I haven't seen the video, so I can't say anything about the baby, but I believe that as long as it doesn't get lame like the HL's fetus it'll be just fine.

Would it not be impossible to create such lameness again?

The_Aeromaster said:

And they bitched when I told them Half-Life sucked.

The truth is painful.

The_Aeromaster said:

And they bitched when I told them Half-Life sucked.

Of course they did. Most of the Doomers around here bitch when some sorry bastard pops up and says:
"Doom sux0rs!"

Yeah that baby thing is cool, though we need a few good old fashion horn and hoove demons like before.

I wonder how these baby things will attack. It'll probably attack through clawing as one can expect. Maybe it'll throw used-diapers at us. :-P

Horns are too clichèd to be scary anymore. The last pair of horns that ever scared me were the ones in Heretic's Maulotaur. I'd rather see id pursue this particular style of creature, not as abstract as the Lovecraftian ones in Quake 1, not quite the more terrenal, cyberhorrors of Quake 2's.

Hey, they do that in Pompeya every year. So it's not exactly shat-in-my-pants scary :P

Yeah, but that does remind me of them new commercials for extreme sports where it shows some idiot and then it says "Don't be that guy."

When ur in front of them horns I'll bet they're pretty fucking scary.

Zaldron said:

Horns are too clichèd to be scary anymore.

Screw scare factor - I want horns for the coolness factor.

dsm said:

Screw scare factor - I want horns for the coolness factor.

Bingo! I want horns in Doom³ too, because I still believe the Demons look too insectlike. I believe I have said this now over 10 times the last couple of weeks.

I know what you mean disorder, but just to clarify for some of the people who aren't up on the subject... just cause some of the monsters we've seen so far are insect-looking doesn't mean the rest will be.

Actually I think they showed us these ones on purpose and didn't release anything on the really cool monsters. That way we'll be blown away when we see them.

And in my case, as I'm sure will be the case for many of you, I'm gonna have my ass handed to me while I'm busy shoveling my tongue back into my mouth^

I think id may have gotten this babyish ghoul from a pretty old horror flick called "IT's ALIVE" from the late 1970's, Except from what I remember, It had a very large head, fangs, large googally eyes.
and two large thick hook-like claws for fingers. The movie poster used to give me nightmares though. All you see is a baby carriage sitting a and dark shadowey setting and you see the two thick hook claws hanging over the lip of the carriage bed. Id just added the bee-like wings on it. I don't know yo's, but for DOOM3, It seems more pointless than scary to TSAR......

There is ghost baby in GhostBuster too so it's a pretty typical idea to add to a horror theme :)