Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silverwyvern

ART CONTEST NUMBER ONE!

doomworld.com/greenpile/vote.html

Figure we can just start it up and work them bumps out as we go along ;)

Post all images for the contest as LINKS into this thread. All images must be in by Sunday. Anything sent afterward shan't be accepted.

For fairness I guess I can't compete really...but I look forward to seeing all your stuff :)

Please don't spam this thread, it will be pruned as I see fit.

Good luck!

*ps: the prizes will get better hopefully with some input from you guys :)

Looks pretty cool. Heh, if my contest doesn't get any entries, I may donate to this one :-)

Questions of the idiot:

1. May i put 2 versions or just one?

2. Infant means the baby? the newborn? or the teen?

3. Any Demon can take challange or just Doom's ones?

/me running away ashamed...

wasted said:

3. Any Demon can take challange or just Doom's ones?

/me running away ashamed...

Silverwyverns Page said:

Doom Art Contest!

I think this is self explanitory for the time. But at th same time, 'Demon' could mean ANY of the Doom monsters, save maybe the zombies. So.. Bulldemon, or any monster would be my question.

IMO, it would suck to absolutely choose a Doom monster, where's all the creativity in all this if everyone makes a kid bull demon or hellknight? It doesn't say that we need to draw from a Doom monster, open art is better.

It's very open already. Infant could mean whatever infant means to you. I would prefer doom monsters really. Gonna have themes each week, so the judging has a common ground to work from. We will have non doom ones too though. So Hang in there :)

Versions... hmm. You can post two versions if you want, but can only submit one for the judging.

It would be interesting to have some sort of FAQ for the contest *wink-wink* ;)

Also it's a bit sad for the newbies and people with less than 250 posts. This means they can participate but won't win anything. IIRC I'm pretty sure the winner with less than 250 can still have custom avatar, but the admins must allow it.

Or they could just keep a reservation, or they can have it, but wait to use it.

MGC = Monthly GARGOYLES contest = GARGOYLES only pretty much.

I think, if only for the first few rounds, WDC should be the same. Or perhaps all throughout. If it doesn't look DOOMish, what is it then?

*shrugs* That's just my opinion; glad to see things're coming together so nicely. Shame I don't have a working scanner . . . It'd be fun to participate, even if my drawing skills are between zip and nill.

In any event, like Ellipsus said, who needs a prize? MGC awards images with little banners, nothing else, save for recognition. Maybe we could do the same? Like host a banner someone could put in their sig? *shrugs*

I'll be honest.. the avatar was the best I could do. I've rambled in the mods forums for a while now with no replies.
I don't want to overstep my boundaries.

I guess I could take the winning entry from each week and post it on a single site with 'best of doomart'
and a link back to their art site (if they have one)
Maybe give them a small award gif that's all pretty with the week you won on etc?

I really wish I could participate ;)
Oh well. I'll have to settle as overlord for now ;) (jk)

Does this contest rule out modified concept art for doom tcs?

I'm going to do a proper doom pic/pics anyway. Just curious.

EDIT: Never mind just seen the compo.

I'll take part but i don't want the prize because i'm quite skilled in that topic. I'll probably hand the prize to someone else or something.

Silverwyvern said:

I'll be honest.. the avatar was the best I could do. I've rambled in the mods forums for a while now with no replies.

How about coming up with an award graphic of some kind that the winner could proudly display? You could also create a thread of winners and sticky it on the forum; that way the winners will be forever held up as the shining example of premier doom artists that they are. Or something. :)

Is there an award for doom stick people? I could probably do that. :)

Well, even though I'm quite a few posts away from 250, here's your first entry. :)
Sort of the infant version of my modified pinky. Not exactly a Doom demon (I guess that's a minus), but it's what I think of when I hear the word infant, anyway...

Click

[QUOTE]Agnes said:
[B]Well, even though I'm quite a few posts away from 250, here's your first entry. :)
Sort of the infant version of my modified pinky. Not exactly a Doom demon (I guess that's a minus), but it's what I think of when I hear the word infant, anyway...

Bah I guess it can be any demon, if that will help you guys be inspired. Very cute Agnes :)

Hmm. well maybe instead of an avatar we can just give them an award graphic to put on their site or what not. It WILL be recorded as to the winners though. On my silly flash site ;)

i'd draw you one silv.. but uhhhh.. i uhh... don't have any arms!

no, actually you really wouldn't want to see anything i would draw anyway ;)

Silverwyvern said:

Why don't you let the winner have a cameo in one of your greenpile comics?

Grogglogobofink said:

i'd draw you one silv.. but uhhhh.. i uhh... don't have any arms!

Me too. It is my secret shame.

the_Danarchist said:

Me too. It is my secret shame.

That rings a bell. A web-comic perhaps?

Alright gang! Lut has just informed me that we can give the winners a custom title and/or avatar even if their postcount in below 250 :)

The avatar will prolly be a golden demon award or something ;)

Ain't it grand? :D

How about the winner additionally getting to judge the next contest? That way, you (Silver) would get to join in as well and there wouldn't be a risk of domination by a single person... ;)

Fredrik said:

How about the winner additionally getting to judge the next contest? That way, you (Silver) would get to join in as well and there wouldn't be a risk of domination by a single person... ;)

Oh dear god PLEASE ;) I'm gonna piss myself if I can't compete ;)
The winner will also get to choose the next topic :)

I'll do all the setting up and stuff though.. so the winners aren't like 'awww. now I gotta work ;)

(btw- I wasnt gonna judge this.. I was gonna post it as a poll and let doomworlders decide)

I could judge.. if people wanted?
I need feedback ;) I'm not a leader! I lied! ;)

Shapeless said:

How about a sculture for a change.

We don't have matter to energy transmission yet. :P

And yes I know you meant sculpture.

Art = all mediums, not just drawing in my opinion.

In any event, I'm glad to hear winners will be bale to get a spiffy little avatar or sig as the prize, Silverwyvern.

And personally, I don't think it's a good idea if just one person judged; that's only one view of art. It's no doubt that other participants/potential voters have different ideas of what 'art' entails.

If anything, I'd support your vote as a tie-breaker, Silverwyvern --- but no, I don't believe you should be the sole judge -- no offense to your artisitc ability of course. *grins sheepishly*

I definitely like the idea of a poll.

Guardian said:

Art = all mediums, not just drawing in my opinion.

.....etc...

I definitely like the idea of a poll.

Being a sculpter myself, I will definatly go for sculpture. Any visual are will be lovely :)

And if I'm definately not judging, then I'm going to compete ;)
The next winner will choose the next topic and so on. :)

Everyone cool with this?
I'll make an FAQ now I think ;)

Didn't think a set of rules could be so complicated.. ;)