• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demonic

Doom 3 weapons

Shaviro said:

Gattling gun (first generation)
Chaingun (uhm ?)
General Electric Minigun (used in helicopters)
Vulcan cannon (used on harriers and the likes)
Phalanx cannon (used on Aircraft Carriers)

GE rules!!!

wasted said:

GE rules!!!

GE does have a lot of major "next generation" electronic and (particle physics whatsit stuff, not sure what adjective to use here) projects coming up. The DoD has really been good to them.

Shaviro said:

Phalanx cannon (used on Aircraft Carriers)

And all of the Frigits in the Canadian Navy, They are one awesome sounding weapon almost deffening...Kind of like really really loud velcrow.

I feel bitchy.

12ga. said:
And all of the Frigits in the Canadian Navy, They are one awesome sounding weapon almost deffening...Kind of like really really loud velcrow.

12ga. should have said:
And all of the Frigates in the Canadian Navy, They are one awesome-sounding weapon, almost deafening...Kind of like really really loud velcro (no 'w').

All I know is, I can get used to basically any weapon design (unless it's REALLY lame). I like the D64 plasma rifle though, and the BFG better be fucking awesome.

Hm, I just saw another pic of the D3 chaingun - actually, I noticed that it did seem to havy empty air between the barrels, which imo is a great improvement. And apparently, the barrels aren't quite as thick as I first got the impression that there were.

I still don't like that yellowish thing though - it looks out of place. Oh well, maybe it won't even be there in the final.

On a slightly different topic: I just looked through some old under-development screenshots of RtCW. I must say that things ended up drastically changed in the final version, which only strenghtens my belief that characters and even weapons might be a little different in appearance in the final version of the game.

It reminded me of how the Thompson changed appearance between two multiplayer tests - it was a rather huge change.

Oh yeah, and I also saw a blurry pic of the new rocket launcher #$FUCKING SWEET HELL%${@, that thing kicks some serious butt! I'm suddenly a very happy man.

dsm said:

Hm, I just saw another pic of the D3 chaingun - actually, I noticed that it did seem to havy empty air between the barrels, which imo is a great improvement. And apparently, the barrels aren't quite as thick as I first got the impression that there were.

I still don't like that yellowish thing though - it looks out of place. Oh well, maybe it won't even be there in the final.

On a slightly different topic: I just looked through some old under-development screenshots of RtCW. I must say that things ended up drastically changed in the final version, which only strenghtens my belief that characters and even weapons might be a little different in appearance in the final version of the game.

It reminded me of how the Thompson changed appearance between two multiplayer tests - it was a rather huge change.

Oh yeah, and I also saw a blurry pic of the new rocket launcher #$FUCKING SWEET HELL%${@, that thing kicks some serious butt! I'm suddenly a very happy man.

I like the way your thinking, It kinda gave me a glimer of hope on better model design to come... thanks lol

Shaviro said:

Personally I think the handgun design is one of the best ever! I'm tired of those boxy boring crap guns you find in most fps games.

You damn right!!

The new pistol looks fine, is there a URL where i can see pics of the Doom 3 weapon?

SlowMotionHobo said:

The new pistol looks fine, is there a URL where i can see pics of the Doom 3 weapon?

Theres 1 or 2 of the doom 3 pistol right here on the site, but most screens you will find on the web are illegal from the alpha and are not alowed to be posted here.\
Here check out the released screenshots --> Click Here

i think they should put some ssniper rifle and rail gun and get rid of teh stupid shotguns.

DaJuice said:

i think they should put some ssniper rifle and rail gun and get rid of teh stupid shotguns.

Yeah, a sniper rifle in close quarters. How about a knife with a scope!? OR A GRENADE WITH A LASER SIGHT!?

zombies are slow, with sniper yuo can get headshots like in counetrstike! they should have all the same gunz as cs. AK is most pworful, imagine if the zombies could pick up gunz too, holy shit than id be just like cs!!

Yes, but unfortunately, it would be just like Counter-Strike.

A sniper rifle would be ok to take out long range flying things when you're in the hell levels but overall doom is a bit more of a close quarters sort of game.

My overall opinion now is that i overall wanna be surprised (in a cool way) with what Id have in store for us and if they don't included a weapon that i want then we'll have some sort of immoral conduct mod for doom3.

Anyways i'm sure this has been said before but you have to consider the fact that you're in a high-tech base on mars and then consider if you're likely to find a magnum revolver or sniper rifle or if it's suitable for the game in the first place.

edit: It'll sure be cool to blow off an demons head with a magnum revolver though. "Do you feel lucky punk?"

DaJuice said:

Yeah, and let's change the location to some other planet (maybe Corneria), and the hellspawn to terrorist forces and the doom guy to some hot chick with huge breasts and a steering wheel to control the player's movement.

Sorry, I could't miss this one... =)

I don't know if someone posted this before (I’m to lazy to check) but in the E3 doom 3 trailer there was a guy with a chainsaw and the main guy, "doom guy", threw something of a grenade type object at it. Which would only make the idea that you can get grenades, but only to be used for 'CONSTRUTIVE USES ONLY', right?

;) ;) :0

PhobosKosmos said:

I don't know if someone posted this before (I’m to lazy to check) but in the E3 doom 3 trailer there was a guy with a chainsaw and the main guy, "doom guy", threw something of a grenade type object at it. Which would only make the idea that you can get grenades, but only to be used for 'CONSTRUTIVE USES ONLY', right?

;) ;) :0

No, grenades aren't in the game at all. That was a rock. Heh.

gatewatcher said:

No, grenades aren't in the game at all. That was a rock. Heh.

Heh. The doomguy was using it to make a peace offering to the zombie. It worked out for the best, and they bought a small farm together.

Assmaster said:

Heh. The doomguy was using it to make a peace offering to the zombie. It worked out for the best, and they bought a small farm together.

lol..

Anyone think there will be some kind of demonic weapon in the game, such as the unmaker/flesh gun from doom64, or the 'demonic claw' found in some of the alpha graphics?

deathbringer said:

Anyone think there will be some kind of demonic weapon in the game, such as the unmaker/flesh gun from doom64, or the 'demonic claw' found in some of the alpha graphics?

That's interesting really, I'd have to say probably no. It's possible, but from what we've seen, it looks like the only weapons available are human-made ones. Plus, the alpha weapons directory had no unusual weapons listed.

deathbringer said:

Maybe the unmaker, but overall i'd say that the powerups define the contrast between magic and technology. So not really.

BlueSonnet said:

Maybe the unmaker, but overall i'd say that the powerups define the contrast between magic and technology. So not really.

Yea I like have the wierdass power ups in the game, give it a evil/black magic feel to it.
I dont want any magical weapons in doom 3 though thats more up Heretic's alley,

Edit: hmmmmm to all you weapon nuts out there like me check out this site :-) Click Here