Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyberdemon666JV

some pics of mine

The pic is sweet and in many ways true to the cybie in the game.

But if you really wanted to make it true to the in-game cybie, I do have one thing to point out.
You seem to have mistaken the cybie's nostrils for its eyes. If you examine all the cyberdemon sprites very closely, you'll see that it has a pair of burning red eyes on the sides of its head - the two dark spots in the centre of its face is really its nostrils.

Just thought I'd point that out.

wow, i had no idea those were nostrils ill hafta look closer next time, but thanks i wont make the mistake again , unless im doing my own version of the cyberdemon, which now ill say thats what that pic was

ravage said:

OOh, talent. :)

But why are there UAC logos on a demon?

Genetic/Mecha expeinment demonically warped?

thanks for pointing out what i did wrong on that cyberdemon, i drew it at like... 5 in the morning when i could barely see so now i know what to fix

ravage said:

OOh, talent. :)

But why are there UAC logos on a demon?

Well I bet it was built from scrap metal lying around.

Nice jorb.

Ooh, love the barcode. Menacing as HELL -- pun very much intended. I love how you've meshed the skin with the metal, the transition is excellent. I also noticed how you have the skin stretched and torn slightly on the right (your left) arm where that piece of metal goes under. The bloody fingers really give the impression that he's not all about the rocket launcher, too, he obviously likes to get in and do the wetwork...

However, the Cyberdemon's midsection, if you look at Doom II's title-pic, isn't wires all around, just over the front of the abdomen. Might you also consider giving the claws a nice metallic glint? Something about shiny claws just screams PURE EVIL at me.

Epyo said:

jorb

Jearb!

cyberdemon666JV: He didn't mean anything by it, don't get too hot over it.

cyberdemon666JV said:

wow.. what an insightful post.. dont waste my time with ur bitching about caps.

ravage said:

:P

cyberdemon666JV: I was referring to the first pic, sorry I forgot to specify. I like how the metal is done in the second. Still the same criticisms on the claws and the abdomen, though.

thanks i didnt notice the abdomen was the only part left open, thats the problem with drawing off of really pixelated sprites, you tend to misinterpret something, if i do another cyberdemon ill definetily fix that.

Wow, I like this pictures - I was particularly impressed with the imp.

But if you really wanted to make it true to the in-game cybie, I do have one thing to point out.
You seem to have mistaken the cybie's nostrils for its eyes. If you examine all the cyberdemon sprites very closely, you'll see that it has a pair of burning red eyes on the sides of its head - the two dark spots in the centre of its face is really its nostrils.

Do you seriously think its important to get every detail right? If enough is included to signify its a cyberdemon or whatever, surely thats enough, and the artists creativity can take over from there?

fast overview - coloring and some effects are well done... the bad thing is that all monsters has the same face type... the good thing is that you really worked with these ones...

cyberdemon666JV said:

wow.. what an insightful post.. dont waste my time with ur bitching about caps.

That comment was also very insightful. Just a hint, people here at Doomworld hate all capslock posts, so when someone bitch about it, you had better take it into consideration, because Moderators don't like all-caps posts either and if you piss off a Mod, you're automatically in trouble, or at least on your way to trouble.

Your pics are cool - at least those that loaded for me. So far, I've only seen the two cybies, because the other two pics are "temporarily unavailable" (it's geoshitties, go figure). I must admit that I liked the first one the best, though I like the second one's head better.
The second one looks like it's about to lose balance and its posure looks rather goofy imho, but the detailing and colouring for both is great.

these pictures are only rough copies... remember that. only about 20 minutes goes into each one, because ive never drawn doom characters before and will take some getting used to..

I like them. Very strong with only some minor balance / anatomy issues :)

I encourage you to enter our first weekly art contest :) All entries should be in by sunday :)

Just goto the thread marked "ART CONTEST"

It will tell you everything.
And you need to sumbit to the contest topic.. this week is 'draw an infant demon'