Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Doom III trailer summary by Phobos Lab

in the chainsaw-scene this guy says that the zombie climb the wall, but it's a normal imp. it can be seen hiding behind the barrels in the right, when the chainsawzombie's shadow shows up.

Something bugs me about this summary and other ones too. Why do people automatically assume that Imps for instance can do the same stuff ingame that they can do in scripted scenes? I'm talking about the wallclimbing part. Because obviously those parts were scripted. Same thing for the invisible entity that tosses around a person. Who says it's not just part of a scripted sequence instead of an actual element in the game itself? They could show you that sequence just to give you a little more background about the story, etc.

It's like those people who see the boxart for a movie and automatically assume that what they see on the box will be seen in the movie as well.

I'd have to say its a very good summary with interesting points. I myself did not notice the pentagram ommission, and the facial expressions of the doomguy as being "pretty boy" was spot on. The sounds again have changed in one of the scripted screens, probably suggesting that the great Trent has in fact been sidelined.

I'm not sure if the pentagram was omitted. In the alpha you could see it from the side first, just like in the new trailer. So they might just have cut the part where the pentagram was in.

Disorder said:

I'm not sure if the pentagram was omitted. In the alpha you could see it from the side first, just like in the new trailer. So they might just have cut the part where the pentagram was in.

Yeah, well perhaps they are hoping to air it on TV sometime.
BTW it's "DOOM³"... get it right.

Shaviro said:

Yeah, well perhaps they are hoping to air it on TV sometime.
BTW it's "DOOM³"... get it right.

To me, it will always be Doom III.

Disorder said:

I'm talking about the wallclimbing part. Because obviously those parts were scripted.

Your guess is as good as his.
Maybe wallclimbing is a standard part of the imp AI. We simply can't tell.

We've seen imps crawl in more than one scene... if that's script-only then id are really missing out on some potential neatness, making the monster crawl by itself couldn't be hard at all.

Well I sure hope its standard AI that would just be fucking awesome imo. They have so much potential with there new physics system it makes everything move so real I'm very pleased with that aspect.

Did anyone notice that the chainsaw was supposed to be held by the zombie was nowhere to be seen at the moment when the zombie was being thrown by the Hell Knight?

12ga. said:

Well I sure hope its standard AI that would just be fucking awesome imo. They have so much potential with there new physics system it makes everything move so real I'm very pleased with that aspect.

I agree. Did you all forgot AvP where the wall-walking was standard AI for Aliens?

999cop said:

Did anyone notice that the chainsaw was supposed to be held by the zombie was nowhere to be seen at the moment when the zombie was being thrown by the Hell Knight?

IMAGES

Didn't notice that, but if you look carefully you can see a gap in between of those two parts. They made a cut there to make that part go faster and fit the trailer better, I assume.

Fredrik said:

We've seen imps crawl in more than one scene... if that's script-only then id are really missing out on some potential neatness, making the monster crawl by itself couldn't be hard at all.

heh well... The scene where the Imp is on the ceiling is definitly not a cutscene.

Shaviro said:

heh well... The scene where the Imp is on the ceiling is definitly not a cutscene.

Well, then how come in all the playable parts the HUD can be seen and in all the other (scripted) scenes, including the one with the Imp on the ceiling, the HUD's not there.

Disorder said:

Well, then how come in all the playable parts the HUD can be seen and in all the other (scripted) scenes, including the one with the Imp on the ceiling, the HUD's not there.

hmm.. Didn't notice that.

Disorder said:

It only takes one console command to make the HUD disappear and another to make the gun disappear, so it's technically very well possible to play without a HUD. In that particular scene it does look like the player aims a flashlight at the imp, but that might be scripted, I don't know.

I certainly hope imps crawl over walls and ceilings during the entire game and not just in cutscenes.