Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

XBox Doom III

I'm back on a quick return -- so I thought I would mention that my brother had gone to E3. He got to look at a teaser demo there and said that it was coming along wonderfully. Not only is the announcement for the XBox port of Doom III true, but it's actually good. I can hardly wait -- DMing on XBox Live is going to be great. :D

Job said:

I can hardly wait -- DMing on XBox Live is going to be great. :D

Yea if you have a valid credit card that is....

Very doubtful that they are true, there probably will be DM code, just not DM maps, they should MAYBE include one or two DM maps and have code for DM / Team DM / Coop (uses SP levels) and CTF, maybe some other game modes too.

Dm will be there.
Dm maps will not...

Microsoft will charge 20 bucks for each map.

WE LOVE YOU BILL GATES!

You can actually play two player in the alpha, so I reckon they will include at least rudimentary DM. Especially regarding Tim willit's recent comments about the lighting dramatically changing the deathmatch experience.

unregistered said:

I cant wait to play it, I hope it is good as it looks. Halo 2 will still be the king, hand down.

.............O...k..........

/me goes outside and has a pack of cigarettes

STILL NOT CALM ENOUGH

*goes insane and lays all to burnination*

halo is the best action game ever made the sequal is twice better how can halo2 not be god

omg doom3 will be teh king of teh wurld when si is teh releaesd latter this yaer!!!!?

NiGHTMARE said:

Not if the rumours that Doom 3 doesn't have DM are true...

heh. That was a fake article.

Coopersville said:

Infact, Mircosoft is paying Id extra to add more MP features to the XBOX version.

Source?

Fredrik said:

halo is the best action game ever made the sequal is twice better how can halo2 not be god

Three million people can't be wrong, you know.

gatewatcher said:

Three million people can't be wrong, you know.

Halo is based on the style of play that doom originated. The only thing good about halo is its on a console and nothing else. Its just another crap first person shooter. Ill admit the cooperative play was fun, but honestly nothing we havent seen before, and lets not forget total sales for doom by the way. Halos not even as good as half life

Fredrik said:

Source?

Is great on fries.

sniperfrommars1 said:

Halo is based on the style of play that doom originated.

That almost sounds like you're saying that Doom was the first ever FPS. You know better than that though, right? Right? :)

Of course I know that nimcompoop. Im just saying its based on doom. nuff said. I dont think anyone would think otherwise

NiGHTMARE said:

Is great on fries.

That almost sounds like you're saying that Doom was the first ever FPS. You know better than that though, right? Right? :)

May not be the first, but it's the first one that everyone knows... like cars. You ask everyone what the first car was and they say the Ford Model T, but it wasn't. History lesson, what was the first car?

The_Aeromaster said:

History lesson, what was the first car?

Oh I don't know - afaik, there were two that came out at around the same time. I believe one of them was a Daimler and the other one was a Benz, but I could be totally off.

But you're right, people tend to forget Wolfenstein 3d - and even Wolfie isn't the first FPS. Hell, even a FPS fanatic like me ain't quite sure which was the first FPS ever (I've stopped caring - I'd rather just enjoy the ones that are/were popular).

Fredrik said:

halo isn't that bad...

I think the first fps was called Hover.
You are in a hovertank shooting at crappy walls and things.

Apalling ega graphics.....

Dubh said:

I think the first fps was called Hover.
You are in a hovertank shooting at crappy walls and things.

Apalling ega graphics.....

No, there was one even earlier I'm sure - I've seen a screenshot of something from a Commodore 64 or Atari or some other crap machine like that :-P

Am I one of the only ones that is kinda selfish and just want DooM III on nothing but the computer? Putting it on the console never had much success, and the idea of seeing it on the shelves of Blockbuster...ugh. No thanks!