Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fakir

I want you!

Howdy!

I've been thinking of creating a site.. a nice site for Doom/Duke/Whatmoreisthere people.. but i need a friendly Doomer to start it with :)

Things that would be handy! :

Big knowledge of doom maps/ mods etcetera
Good at making websites ( not the design, the technical stuff )
Also msn would be handy

So is this you? Then mail me at fakirnogwat@hotmail.com and i'll tell you the rest! If you like the idea, then we can make this thingey!
If not, horsehead in your bed!

Cheerio!

Look, asking people to do work for you and listing a bunch of requirements that they should fulfill isn't the way to attract workforce.

You need to catch their interest. Show a cool looking design or other stuff that's already in action or some more details about the site and your chances will be better.

Fakir said:

Howdy!

I've been thinking of creating a site.. a nice site for Doom/Duke/Whatmoreisthere people.. but i need a friendly Doomer to start it with :)

Things that would be handy! :

Big knowledge of doom maps/ mods etcetera
Good at making websites ( not the design, the technical stuff )
Also msn would be handy

So is this you? Then mail me at fakirnogwat@hotmail.com and i'll tell you the rest! If you like the idea, then we can make this thingey!
If not, horsehead in your bed!

Cheerio!

Ok maybe i was doing it wrong :)

The site will be called ARCHIVED.

It's about DukeNukem3d and Doom. It'll have ( when given permission ) art files from Duke mods and Doom mods. Also, ( when same ) it'll have weapon and item arts from both doom and duke. The author of the files will also be listed so you know who to contact if you want to use the files.

This will be handy for both happy communities - most of you doomers know not much about dukemods and the textures and guns, and i as a happy duker know jack about doom mods etcetera. ( Can't even get them to work darn ports :) )

So that's the idea! I've allready made the design ( cartoony, light-blue, alot of black ) and i need someone to make the site with! Of course someone with Doom thingeys so he knows where to look etcetera.

Sorry for being rude :) Gimme a hug and we'll make up :)
Cheerio!

...checks out the website...

The screenshots are nice, but there are just two tiny things wrong with the site that I can see.

1. Geocities, 'nuff said
2. Doom and/or Duke Nukem mixed with a baby theme (pink and white background, pictures, etc.) do not mix well.

the_Danarchist said:

Cheerios?

[homer] mmm Cheerios (homer drool)[/homer]

Hi, I'm looking for team members for a currently unnamed TC. I need people to work on the following:
Graphics
Sound Effects
Music
Warezing of registered versions of editors
Levels
Scripts
Node Building
Reject block effects
Dehacked or DDF
Endoom Screen
Demo recording
Story
Webpage
Submission to 3D archives
Flame warfare with reviewers
Member recruitment
Mass e-mailing and other publicity

If anyone wants to fill those positions please contact me.

Heh heh.

Gokuma said:

Hi, I'm looking for team members for a currently unnamed TC. I need people to work on the following:
Graphics
Sound Effects
Music

I can rip stuff!!

Warezing of registered versions of editors

Ehehehehehe :)

Levels
Scripts
Node Building
Reject block effects

Nope, sorry

Dehacked or DDF
Endoom Screen

I can do DDF, DDF can do "Endoom" screens too, IIRC

Demo recording

Meh

Story
Webpage

Sounds like a plan :)

Submission to 3D archives
Flame warfare with reviewers
Member recruitment
Mass e-mailing and other publicity

Done done done and done

If anyone wants to fill those positions please contact me.

Heh heh. [/B]

Sure, I'll be awaiting a reply soon

BBG said:

Sure, I'll be awaiting a reply soon

Secretary DooM? This is gonna be sweet!

Uh... just about anything you'd want you can find from DW. We've got a collection of links, the forums, the hosted sites, and the idgames archive database utility... I can't imagine who in their right mind would start a Doom site about anything besides a new project or reviewing anymore, there's just no need.

Ultraviolet said:

Uh... just about anything you'd want you can find from DW. We've got a collection of links, the forums, the hosted sites, and the idgames archive database utility... I can't imagine who in their right mind would start a Doom site about anything besides a new project or reviewing anymore, there's just no need.

Personal satisfaction?

MagnuM said:

who is this newbie anyway??

MagnuM
ON PROBATION

Fakir

Do not disdain the lurker, even though he should probably lurk more.

Ultraviolet said:

Assmaster: Where's the personal satisfaction in running an inferior resource site?

Some people, myself included, simply enjoy web design. Using a topic other than just another "personal site" turns it into a sort of puzzle. Trying to organize all the pieces properly and still make it look good is fun. That's mostly why I joined the metroid TC.

Of course, that's just me. Maybe Fakir really is trying to make a superior site, but it's not likely.

dn: heh

Assmaster: We might want to clarify for Fakir that this is not all supposed to be taken as a derogation of his potential site, just a statement of the unlikelihood of surpassing Doomworld.