Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gemini09

Want to make maps for a Doom wad?

This is to ask people to make maps for this project...

I'm working on a new wad/project, using the Darken2 textures, and other hi-tech textures (don't know which ones yet).

The level-concept is this, there will be 3 different themes, the first few maps will be human bases, human spaceship, the next theme will be alien#1 bases (on planet Mars :), and the last will be alien#2 bases (and 1 spaceship).

I've finished a human spaceship, a Mars base, an alien#2 base, and started on an alien#2 spaceship.

Design and texture-theme is supposed to be "visible unique/different" to each of the 3 themes, meaning if u were to join in and make a, say human base, it'd have to follow a certain style and texture theme (and it would be a bit specific explained too... :)

It'll be for doom2.exe. It'll have somewhat of a plot, and maps will end and start to make sense (for example...map01 is a spaceship, and there's snow outside u can see through windows, then map02 would be a base in a snowy environment.) It's already like that...

Monster, weapon, ammo and health placement is also different, which i will "reveal" if u want to join in.

That's it, if you're interested, and can make somewhat realistic maps, and be nearly as good as the Darken2 maps (mine aren't that good either unfortunetly :), mail me at Pieceofshiat@hotmail.com, with a map i can take a look at (base maps would be excellent :)

Remember kids, ALWAYS post screenshots of finished stuff before you ask for help.

Wow, those are like, oddly good looking. Unless it's Shaviro or Fredrik or (etc) posting the screenshots, we usually don't get this kind of treat. You obviously have at least some grasp of basic geometric aesthetics.

Are you actually allowed to use textures from Darkening2?

I remember a certain flamewar way back.

Little Faith said:

Are you actually allowed to use textures from Darkening2?

As long as you don't include them (i.e. you have to use darken2.wad to play it)... but then, some people have already done that anyway :|

Kudos to Ola! Maybe the Darkening 2 textures can now rival the fame of the ubiquitous Gothic textures.

Little Faith said:

Kudos to Ola! Maybe the Darkening 2 textures can now rival the fame of the ubiquitous Gothic textures.

Kudos for...?

Hey gemini, your real name wouldn't be Yashar Garibzadeh, would it? I recall seeing some TNT demos by Yashar Garibzadeh, and he went by the alias of Gemini.

Actually it would DoomBoy. Radek beat all those demos though :)
Speaking of which, i'd recommend the Plutonia demo-pack, it's on the TeamTNT demo's page. I did a demo there i'm very satisfied with, and i must say i'm quite proud to have been on that team with those folks too... :) Take care.

Cool, I thought so. IIRC, you did some maps for Hell Revealed. Very nice work, though I'm not entirely certain what maps you did. :)

Right...i had 1 solo map in HR2 (beta), and i THINK a map i did with Chroz is also there (map19), i'm actually pretty sure it's there. The solo map is honestly quite crap, but map19 is good, no? :) Thanx for reminding me, i'll have to play through it again very soon :)

gemini09 said:

FUCKING BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Hooray for shameless self-promotion. Stop forcing people to look at this thread, people will look if they're interested, and reply if they have something to say.

No they won't be browsing the threads on page2. Gayboy.

PS, there's no such thing as self-promotion in a thread like this, moron ;-)

gemini09 said:

No they won't be browsing the threads on page2. Gayboy.

PS, there's no such thing as self-promotion in a thread like this, moron ;-)

If you haven't got any more replies, then you're not going to get any more. If you desperately want attention, get it posted as news on the front page.

Now now, let us not squabble amongst ourselves like ants over a leftover crumb of pie.

DooMBoy said:

Now now, let us not squabble amongst ourselves like ants over a leftover crumb of pie.

Pie? Where?

gemini09 said:

I'm working on a new wad/project, using the Darken2 textures, and other hi-tech textures (don't know which ones yet).

This is just my personal opinion but I don't believe there's any need whatsoever to replace the font graphics. Just takes up space (although not much) and it's kind of silly.

Shaviro said:

Pie? Where?

/me points at Gemini
Ask him, he had some earlier :)

to quote the korean battle.net traders: "NO REPLY=NO THNX!"

gemini09 said:

Bump.

gemini09 said:

FUCKING BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

how many bumps is it going to take before you realize people aren't interested in helping?